Privacy And Google Concerns

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Niantiel, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Niantiel

Niantiel Active Member

How private are the posts here?? Like will they come up with a google search? I ask because there are some things I need to say sometimes but I don't want them to be able to where someone can plug my ID into google and have what I post on here come up. If that's the case, I'd rather just save myself the trouble and write physically in a notebook I have.

2. Special-Agent-Gibbs

Special-Agent-Gibbs Safety and Support SF Pro SF Supporter

I googled my username and some of my posts came up.. But, If you create an anonymous username like mine and use fake names when you talk about people in your life or don't use name at all you shouldn't have a problem. I have been a member here for a long time and no one in my life knows I am on here.

3. Special-Agent-Gibbs

Also for anyone who visits the site they can also view all of the support forums without having to sign in just so you know

4. Niantiel

Niantiel Active Member

Thanks! That's appreciated!

5. Special-Agent-Gibbs

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Really do recommend that all that use this site use a completely anonymous user name - not a variation of real name or even a user name they use on multiple sites to ensure a measure of privacy and anonymity. To help maintain that privacy- even when people are in such a dark place they do not care - we do not allow posting of email addresses/ contact information, or personal pics and real names in posts either (so that when they are no longer in such a bad place and they do care what others may think again it will not become a problem after the fact). It is also why we discourage the casual sharing of off site contact details with other members here until you know them very well over a period of at least months if not longer- once again to preserve the anonymity and privacy of members so it really is a safe place and something they say here does not come up on another venue. nearly every issue that comes up as a "problem" here is the result of off site discussions/ contact and with chat, private chat , and private messaging there is no need whatsoever for anybody to go to another venue and give up the protection of that anonymity to have a meaningful conversation and I would question the motives of anybody that was asking for that as clearly must be something more than just support....

If you need any other help or ideas for protecting privacy here please do not hesitate to ask here or by sending a Letter to Admin