Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaish, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

I'm feeling so freaked out right now. My heart is racing. I miss the old days where I could post something on Facebook and people would respect my privacy. I have become a very private person and just tonight posting a status I have a family member post personal details about my life that I do not want others to know and that I didn't want her to know. I mean, is it appropriate to reply to someone's status about them being in the hospital when they made no mention of it in the status? I did mention a crazy week and me feeling better, but it's a situation where if I wanted everyone to know I would have posted "hey everyone, I was in the hospital. Ready to field all your questions!!" Seeing her response to what I felt was an innocent post sent me into a panic. I ended up deleting her comment and continued the conversation with her privately. It turns out she knew every detail about my life that my parents knew. I can't remember the last time I have talked to this person, I honestly can't. I hate that about my family, and I guess it's why I don't keep in contact. I don't like to be talked about and especially now, I posted that status because I'm just starting to do better. It seems respectful to give me space. After that a friend asked me what I've been up to. I'm not in the mood to share. It was an innocent question, but because something real bad happened this week and because so many people are curious it makes it so hard. I just wish people could back off and respect my privacy. I use to be able to post stuff like this and no one would ask. I miss those days so much.
  2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

maybe they ask because they care.. that's a good thing, not a bad one.. tells you who you can go to when things get rough, looking for support. your family should definately respect your privacy enough not to go blabbing about your medical history and etc to others outside of the family tho.. to me, thats just common decency... then again, even my family doesn't have much of that these days. only thing i can suggest is to tell your family only those things about yourself that you don't mind as much if they get out... and as far as posting on fb, the same thing... only post what you don't mind being questioned about.. or... make the post so only you can see it.. there is that option.. makes it a bit harder to vent i know.. but, you can always vent by talking to ppl here, or journaling at home, etc..

wishing you all the best.... take care and gl!
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

sorry you're in distress about it

that's 1 of the reasons i don't use FB/ twitter/ what ever, along with the fact it's just all a bunch of drama