Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by lost43215, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

I know this topic will definately open up a huge debate, but I just wanted to share my views on it. It comes to light after the discussion on the airport xray scanner topic.

Really to me, I wouldnt care at all if the government/police knew about everything happening in my life in order to ensure that laws were being followed, I mean, as long as the basic freedoms (im talking about freedom of speech and such) were still there. I mean, the airport security thing for instance, who cares if they look at you naked? It's not like they are judging you or anything, they dont even know you. To them your just another naked person out of the millions on this planet. Or if they were to check everything I was doing on my computer, it's not like they'd really care or that im super interesting to them that they'd spend all their lives watching mine. Heck, they'd prob have to create a computer program to do it cause it'd be so boring.

I dont think though our lives should be open to say, advertisers or others though. Advertisers actually do look at your lives in every detail to try to determine trends and advertise base on those, that's using your life to their advantage and doesnt provide safety or anything.

Finally, I think there are some things that people take to personal/private that really doesnt need to be. Im not a nudist myself, but I mean if everyone was naked, would that be a huge deal? I mean, we'd all look the same after a while and we probably wouldnt care. I mean, the only reason we wear clothes now is for warmth and cause we dont like others to see. Goto a nude beach or resort though and you really dont see any problems there.

These are just my thoughts on the subject though, everyone's different, but please feel free to post yours :)
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I don't really have a thought on this, apart from just finding it odd. But I do agree, over time it'll just seem common place and we won't even notice it.
    I suppose we can blame those who shoved crack up their privates for this.
  3. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I disagree 100%.

Sure, a private organisation has the right to do whatever they want on their grounds.. if a person does not want to comply all they have to do is leave.

But when you invade someone's home and private life, that is just taking it too far.

I see privacy as a very important right. I’d rather preserve that than be safe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.