Pro And Cons About Suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Blacky, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

So, I just wanna make a pro and con list about suicide,
    and I kinda need ur help because my list is kinda...negativ...
    I just need some points to decide till today I promised my friend to cal her and
    decide to live or not :/
    Sounds akward but, yeah, mabye u guys can help me...

Pro:
    -Pain will go away
    -Happy or not feeling anything
    -I'll save my moms money
    -Mom has more time for herself and my brothers
    -No one would really miss me, because they have each other
    -My das would know that he is an a**hole and that he is responable for this
    -I'm a mean and evil person

Con:
    -(I would hurt my family and my to best friends, because I broke my promise, but at least they have each other...soo....)

2. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

Cons:

- Can't feel anything, including relief or good feelings, if dead
    - Will leave a legacy of pain for loved ones
    - Someone will have to clean up, including discovery, paying for funeral and going through my things
    - Will never know whether there is, or would be, more people in life to share love with
    - Those who cause pain will have won; this is all life will have ever been and the chance to change it gone forever
    - Will never be able to be anything else, or acheive dreams

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I am a father who lost my son to suicide and I can shoot down every single one of the items you listed in your "pro" list.... and I can do so because I am a certified authority - I have lived through this and know 100% truth.

4. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sorry u lost ur son, really...now I feel quilty...
    I just believe it would be easier without me...

5. pickwithaustin

I think my point was more to stress that what you preceive and what may actually be real could be two different things. What I mean is that while you feel that one of the "pro's" is that you'd save your mom money, I doubt that your mom really cares about money over you. I have a lot of things and would without second thought give them all away in exchange for my son. I would cut off my own legs and arms if I thought it would save him or bring him back. Parents can't always express this in an obvious way, but our children are a part of us and we would give anything in the world to make them ultimately happy. My family's life (wife and two other sons) went from extremely successful and happy, to being miserable and empty every second of the day. The loss of my child brought about not just a great loss in our hearts and in money (over $100,000 was billed to us, ultimately, as a result to his suicide), but it also changed the lives and directions of all of us. My parents and I will never speak again as a result of this, my occupation has changed as a result of this, my goals in life have changed as a result of this, and my two remaining boys feel horrible and have trouble comping with this. My wife still cries frequently as a result, and it has been three years now, next month.

I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, I am only sharing a first hand account of the result of something like this. Try talking to your family, try continuing with therapy and doctor visits, try seeking out a life mentor, try looking for friends who can help you through this, try ANYTHING... but don't try anything that cannot be reversed. The loss of a life is the single most horrible thing in the world aside from... nothing else.

I hope you can hold strong and discover that the pro's outweight the con's and the positives have more meaning than the negative. Negative things can be accomplished in a moment, but positive requires long term nuturing, work, and ongoing attention.

6. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Thank you, I'll try to be strong. That was really helpful.

7. chickscanrocktoo

chickscanrocktoo New Member

I have this theory that I have been rolling over and over in my brain for the last few days similar to this thread.
    It comes from a very logical place in my brain but I have been afraid to really discuss it with anyone for a few reasons: 1) I don't want to be looked at as insane (enough people think that already) and 2) I'm almost afraid that someone teetering on the edge of suicide will actually go through with it after hearing it and the thought that my words would cause someone to do that is a terrifying prospect (and a touch arrogant)

I wish this were an easier subject to discuss with people. I wish that I could get these thought experiments out of my brain. I think I would feel a lot better.

8. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

1 con that everyone forgot to post is that you lose everything- i'm not talking posessions, i'm talking about losing the right to make things better, and also may miss out on something.... like, and i'm not saying this will happen- but if someone killed themselves, then the next day something happened to change everything, they'd miss it. even the simple joys.. breav fresh air, music.... you would have lost everything

i think that's a really important one to mention- is it so bad you want everything to stop

9. desdi

desdi Banned Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
  10. pickwithaustin

This is not accurate when you really love and care about somebody. As someone in that position, I think I am an authority and able to state that fact.

I think my son thought he was checking out to go to that big fancy Hilton or Marriott in the sky... but he exists no more and even if there were a great place to go, what is the hurry? If it is there, it will be waiting. What if coping with life is a test to gain our entry into that ultimate eternal paradise??

If the design were for us to be there instead of living first, then we'd never need to be born in the first place; we'd just automatically go there first.

11. desdi

desdi Banned Member

12. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

Seems like a pro to me.

13. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

I really wanna hear ur theory (and I will not think u are inane nor will I kill myself), u can PM me if u want to, if u not wanna do it here.

14. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

There's a lot more cons than you think, and I hope you don't do it. Personally there won't be any cons to my own suicide, but I hope I can help other people to not do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.