Pro suicide websites and me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ruby, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Since I discovered pro suicide websites i've felt optimistic. Not optimistic about life, more optimistic about death. I had an online friend commit suicide and it's made me more determined. I can die, it's up to me. Sure it's difficult, but what isn't? I'm found happiness through this.
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

3. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

wouldn't I get banned for that?
  4. ybt

ybt Guest

ah, you would, but i'm on your side. it's funny how 90% of the board is pro choice and yet they refuse to review their rules
  5. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

sf was created as a pro life site
    the owner and the staff are pro life

there are other sites you can go to obviously that are pro choice.

why should this site review their rules when it provides a more safe environment?
  6. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

please do not post any links to pro-suicide sites here or you will risk being banned or other disciplinary action....thanks so much

7. Luliby

Luliby Staff Alumni

please no links. Heres why...

When someone we know has died or commited suicide there is a natural attraction to the idea for those suffering from suicidal thoughts. We tend to focus on how they are "free" of this world and we idolize their state of peace, etc.

But are they at peace? how can you have peace without being alive to feel it. and if you can "feel" emotions after death why are you certain it will be pleasant? the truth is you don't know and it's a one way door. No take backs once your there. you better hope it was worth it or AACK! So don't encourage people to take a step into something you don't know about, right?

Also, the pain of someone you know close to you that has committed suicide is absolutely terrible, painful, heart wrenching.. need i go on.? Sometimes people are in shock after hearing about a suicide or they are angry and defensive. But don't kid yourself.. the aftermath is like an emotional nuke.

If you want to hurt those around you I can see the temptation. But in the end it's you and your life that pays the price ultimately.

Finally, I have yet to hear of a situation that truely is "hopeless." i have felt hopelessness, and I know the feeling is very strong. A sense of helplessness and hopelessness often leads us to think that suicide is the only option. Still, this emotional reasoning has never proven to be intellectually valid. The people on this forum are quite clever and resourceful. i assure you if you atate your case you will find others, with an objective mind, can help you to choose life and help your life to be something you want to hold on to!

Gve it a shot!
  8. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I hate the way people are so optimistic. I mean, what type of depression is that? WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT SUICIDE?! depression is the worst thing a person could suffer from so false hope and fake smiles pisses me off.
  9. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I won't post any links, I wouldn't violate the rules :smile:
  10. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

if you do not like the idea of pro life, you are free to leave this site.
  11. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

''Support forum'' ha, the irony. Thanks for your advice. You make it sound like I come on here ENCOURAGING suicide. ARGH, I'M SO ANGRY. :mad:
  12. Innocent

Innocent Guest

Yeah, that was a pretty harsh statement disguised as a friendly suggestion.... :/
  13. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

its not like i want you to leave.
    i want every single person here to find the support that they need.

i was just letting you know that if you arent happy with this site there are always others.

and after rereading it
    it did sound bitchy

14. ybt

ybt Guest

Finding another website is not the solution, it's only the solution to avoiding a difficult question. Yes it is a person's right to leave, but it is also a person's right to stay. I'm not about to violate rules, yet these rules are so inflexible and the matter has never really been discussed at length.
  15. ybt

ybt Guest

"support forum" is not dogmatically pro-life, in my opinion.
  16. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

whether 'support forum' is dogmatically pro-life or not.... this forum is pro life.
  17. ybt

ybt Guest

Do you think that explaination is going to deter anyone? We've tried having a logical debate on this, and the best anyone comes up with, or at least a reason that appears MOST frequently, is, essentially, "too bad". Well, thanks.
  18. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

it isnt a debate.
    this forum is pro life

and if that is a problem then oh well...its not going to change.

and dont take offense to that its just the truth.
  19. ybt

ybt Guest

"It's not a debate" is closed minded. Granted, I would not like to continue it on this thread, unless Ruby allows it, because it's her thread, but it's closed minded. Somebody had to come up with the decision. Somebody else has to wonder why this decision is so, and yet it's never talked about. You see? It's "too bad". "We're giving you no explaination, we won't go into detail, we won't debate it, because the rules are inflexible and will never change". It's always the same. I've even followed the rules on certain occasions and got, for example, banned from chat. It's completely ridiculous.
  20. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

there isnt a debate about it because the owner of this site wants it to be pro life
    just like on other sites you can make it pro choice

this site was made to offer people a safer place to go to get help where they wont be plagued by links to different methods, etc.
    if you really need an explanation as to why a site can be made then i dont know what to tell you because i dont have time to explain something that simple.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.