probably something you all know

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MourningAngel, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

I've known this for a long time. Bullies in a few years time won't remember us victims but we will always rememeber them.
    I don't know why but today I realised just how true that was, somehow it really got to me.
    Those bullies can just walk out of our lives and never think of us again, but we will always remember them, be able to see their faces and know what they did to us. We will always remember the names of those who made our live such a horrible place, caused us so much pain and they will never know hey force us into depression, they will never know they made our life hell and they'll never know we killed ourselves because of them (partly at least).
  2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, I had a few bullies in school and at the time and for many years thereafter, I was really upset about it. At some point, I let the anger go. It wasn't hurting them and it sure wasn't helping me.

Today, I'd have to think pretty hard to tell you the names of my bullies and I sure don't remember their faces. I know it's hard to let the anger go but it's the best thing. Whatever other problems you have in your life, you don't need one more that you don't have to have.

And yes. I'm sorry that happened to you. It does suck and I wish something could be done about bullies. I think they will always be with us.
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I remember them all and all their names and it was about 35 years ago. One thing to consider. I don't know if it's part of their personality but I have heard stories of them from acquaintances. A lot of them ended up living pretty tough life styles. Many ended up in jail, one for a domestic violence case that left his wife a cripple (he got about 30 years). Another went to jail for armed robbery of a bank. Another lost a leg in a motorcycle accident.

Maybe it's hard-wired into their system. They pick on innocent kids when they're younger and go on to"bigger and better" things later on.
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I do remember this one bully. I hated his whole family because of what he did to me. Many years later, I heard from a friend of my sister that his sister died from an OD (She apparently got into some hard drugs). At first, I felt happy about it and then I felt sick that I'd allowed what he did to me to turn me into the kind of person who could feel joy at the news of someone's death.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2009
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you were bullied and that the trauma of the events have stayed with you. But don't let them win by killing yourself, because that is, in effect, what you'd be doing. :hug:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear you were bullied. Bullies are cowards :( Keep talking if it helps :hug:
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I remember the bullies from my past as well. As many have mentioned, most did not go on to lead happy lives. Bullying is a part of human nature I guess I will never understand. Who knows, maybe they were victims themselves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.