probably stupid

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Locket, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

i know this is probably going to sound stupid because it's not really a reason to get worked up about or feel this bad from
    but someone texted me yesterday night, i was asleep, but i got it this morning
    they basically said i was nasty, creepy, sly and manipulative :sad:

now, i don't know what other people think of me, but i spend a hell of a lot of my time trying to be a good person and trying not to direct conversation to being about me... so i don't make others upset.
    i just don't understand why this person (anonymous text by the way) would do this? i don't know of any enemies i have, and i don't know who would do this.

it's just got me questioning why i'm actually here
    if people think of me like this, then why should i even be alive?!
    there is no point to my life, other than to try and make others happy
    but if i'm failing at that, then i might as well end it.

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I don't think of you that way. It sounds like the person who sent you the text is frustrated for whatever reason. Regardless though you shouldn't take it as a call to end your life.

Some people don't like us. And we don't like some people. Sometimes we make mistakes and hurt people we love. But whatever the case, it's important that you know that you have a right to be happy and live.

:hug:

James.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Treating someone poorly is reflective of the person who did it, not the receiver...there is bound to be someone who views the world differently from you...the person who sent the text should be doing the self analysis to see why s/he to 'discuss it' in this way...not a lot of bravery in sending a provocative text!!! big hugs, J

4. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

How do you know someone didn't just send a random text? If they don't have the balls to show who they are and admit they did it then disregard it, they're probably not that great of a person anyways.

What one useless stranger thinks shouldn't define your life, though.

5. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

thankyou all for the replies
    i know i shouldn't get worked up
    it just affected me quite badly... meh

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Locket,
    I would take what this person said as a grain of salt. He/She is to chicken shit to come out in the open and make accusations. From what you have said that was in the text this person is way off base. You are always giving comforting replies to others when they are in there deepest, darkest, negative thoughts.
    You are a kind person who cares and tries to support others here on the forum.Stay Safe!!~Joseph~

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I know how it feels. It's pretty intense to receive that - and what if they're right?

But it's probably not something to worry about.

Talk to someone you care about, see if they agree. If the people you care about think you're a good person, what does the entire rest of the world matter?

8. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

That was not nice :sad:

You are a kind and thoughtful person and who ever sent you that was an ass and owes you a big apology.

And Sadeyes is right, this post reflect the state of the person sending it. It does not make it right but it put things in perspective now that it have happen.

Stay strong Locket, you are one cool person and we love you :hug: :wub:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.