problem at work

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wanttodie, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

I suffer from severe social phobia and I have very poor personality, social skills since childhood. I am afraid of going out because I humiliated myself 3 years ago...
    http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=36621

But now I have a job and haven't been going for 3 days because I have excessive fear that I may meet someone who knows about what happened in past. I have gone there a few days and didn't find any one but I am afraid thinking about all the possibilities. I was unemployed since 6 months because of this fear. I was mocked and ill treated a lot because of my mistakes. It left a deep impact on me and destroyed me totally. What should I do ? Wherever I go people are going to laugh because of mistakes I have made.

2. Magic

Magic Member

If you haven't met anyone who knows yet, you probably never will. Most people, (unfortunately?), tend to be too busy thinking about themselves to remember or care much about whatever embarassing thing you did in the past.

And if you do meet someone who tries to make fun of you, I think you should try turning the whole thing into a joke, for example boast about your sex drive or something. And if they keep going on about it, they won't look too good themselves, being overly concerned about the sexual life of others:wink:.

3. wanttodie

This is true but it hurts me very badly and makes me ashamed but at the same time I fear what will happen to me in future. I am a freaking pervert. I have been sheltered for my whole life and have always been a joke for the society since the day i was born. Its a disease and makes my existing problems like depression even worse.
    Its hard believe me...people will just use any thing to pull you down.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2008
  4. Magic

Magic Member

You're not a pervert, people who are trying to pull you down are :wink:. From what I've heard, a great number of people masturbate excessively at different ages, and there isn't anything abnormal about it.

It just came to me that you can say that nothing ever happened. Just tell them this is a stupid rumor, and several years old to boot :wink:.

And I'll say it again, you're probably not very likely to run into anyone who knows anything, or is going to speak about it at all.

5. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Dude, don't sweat it so much. I do it myself. Hell, I was ridiculed at 16 by another guy for NOT doing it. I heard stories from a guy who used to masturbate 4-5 times a night because he couldn't control his urges and read some weird comic books. I also pissed myself in class in front of about twenty four other students. It's embarrassing but trust me it goes away, in time no one even remembers, much less cares. If you dislike the perverted side of yourself try to make some effort to change it, if you aren't doing that already; And I'm sorry but that "It's a disease" bullshit doesn't fly there, you can change. It sounds like the problem makes you ashamed of yourself, taking measures to fix it might raise your self-esteem as well. If you do happen to run into someone who remembers, what are they gonna do, laugh at you? Who cares, dude, you can spit right back at them that their lives must be boring as hell if 3 years have gone by and they haven't found anything else to laugh about yet.

6. wanttodie

Yeah I agree with you all but I feel that the society needs a punching bag.

I get dirty looks from people even today..Mostly I think its because they want to make me feel guilty all the time.

7. Magic

Magic Member

Whoever needs a punching bag as you describe it, only wants to draw attention away from their own flaws :wink:.

I'll say it again, most people are too focused on themselves, to give you dirty looks on purpose, or do any other such thing. So I think that you should just ignore any isinuations, and unless anyone says anything to you straightly, you should just assume that they don't know anything, and this will most likely be the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.