Problem with Signature Link

Harmony

SF Supporter
Well, you can't have everything so get over it May! J/k

What happens when you select the text color option? You could try highlighting the whole text you wish to make red and then try to change the text color.

Well, you can't have everything so get over it May!
Nooooooooooo!*faints

What happens when you select the text color option?
Ok. From the "Edit Signature" window, I'll click on the "insert link" button. That brings up a window where I can enter the link's URL, and below, the text for the link. After I've created the link, I select the text and then click on the drop-shaped icon for text color.

The text color pop-up window appears, showing a bunch of colors, and below there's a field marked "HEX Color", and "#141414" in the field. No matter what color I select, the pop-up closes, but the color does not change.

If I click near the link, a small pop-up window appears. If I click the "unlink" icon, the link will break, and the text will suddenly turn the color that I selected. If I select the text and click on the text color icon again, I can see that in the "HEX Color" field, the number has changed to #B8321F.

If I start from scratch, and enter #B8321F in the HEX Color field, this still won't change the color of the link.

One might say that you can have colored text, but not colored links in a signature, but I know this is not true, since I had colored links in my signature before I recently updated them.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Maybe šŸ¤” @JMG or @extraterrestrialone knows?? They seem to have the mastery of colors thing down to mr! (Donā€™t know about the links, though. . .)
My experience with links is not with signature links in color but I've seen links in general not being the selected color. This seems to be something new - past couple months. I have not attempted trying to get different results. Seems that signature links are only black and only on my iPad. Not even available on my phone. Leads me to think these situations may be device related.

I did it! I've won! I've won I tell you!

Ok, this is what I did. While editing my signature, I tried clicking on the gear to toggle the bb code. You have to figure out the code for the color you want, then hack out the html tag for color and move it after the html tags for the URL.

So this is what the code looks like

Thou wast not born for death, immortal Bird - John Keats
Treating Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain; Other Suicide Help

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
If you hit "reply" and then hit the gear icon to toggle the code, you can see what I did.
hmm, not sure i understand.... the window turns teal color when i hit the gear and all the tools become unselectable. but i only use color in the cafĆ© & gameroom, where making text colorful does not seem to be a problem. hopefully i never need to do more than that! but glad you solved your problem. now i have to have a word or two with @MisterBGone who is going around telling the whole universe that iā€™m some kind of a wiz at internet problem solving when i canā€™t even toast bread without burning it!

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
ah, so you mean manually typing in the code in this window and not in the color ā€œdialogueā€ (or whatever) box? nope i know nothing about html!

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
hmm, not sure i understand.... the window turns teal color when i hit the gear and all the tools become unselectable. but i only use color in the cafĆ© & gameroom, where making text colorful does not seem to be a problem. hopefully i never need to do more than that! but glad you solved your problem. now i have to have a word or two with @MisterBGone who is going around telling the whole universe that iā€™m some kind of a wiz at internet problem solving when i canā€™t even toast bread without burning it!
Ah, yes šŸ™Œ! You prefer bread šŸž crumbs in your butter šŸ§ˆ as I recallā€” ;) ...

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Ah, yes šŸ™Œ! You prefer bread šŸž crumbs in your butter šŸ§ˆ as I recallā€” ;) ...
actually i spend hours meticulously picking bread crumbs and other debris out of the butter. so what you recall may have to do with that implant... sorry going too far off topic... my big problem with codes is understanding how to keep them in my mind from where i find them to where i need to put them and then having the program trick me and producing something totally unworkable and having to start all over - very similar to the butter situation as well as the implant memories i fear...

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
actually i spend hours meticulously picking bread crumbs and other debris out of the butter. so what you recall may have to do with that implant... sorry going too far off topic... my big problem with codes is understanding how to keep them in my mind from where i find them to where i need to put them and then having the program trick me and producing something totally unworkable and having to start all over - very similar to the butter situation as well as the implant memories i fear...
Was totally šŸ’Æ teasing you ~terrestrialone! ; ) / sorry, shouldā€™ve & could have made that more abundantly clear. . ; ) my faux pas!!;) ā˜®ļø

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00