Problems at School

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Special-Agent-Gibbs, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Special-Agent-Gibbs

Special-Agent-Gibbs Safety and Support SF Pro SF Supporter

Hello-

Okay so my teachers are constantly yelling at me and they are not supposed to because I have PTSD and yelling is a big trigger for me. But, they continue to yell at me even after I told the principal and my guidance counselor as well as talking to them myself about it myself. I don't know what else I can do.

This is really bugging me I have been having really bad urges to cut recently I have not given in yet but I feel like I am not going to be able to avoid it much longer. I need the pain to stop and cutting makes it stop.

Ugh I feel so weak. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.... :(

2. TheCamel

TheCamel Member

There's almost no reason for a teacher to yell at a student, period. Yelling accomplishes nothing, and usually never gets the correct message through. Definitely go to the principal and guidance counselor again, and if they still do nothing, try the school board/school superintendent.

Definitely try to avoid cutting again or anything else harmful. Nothing good comes from it, and there are other alternatives to it. I cut myself while in high school... it caused me nothing but more problems. At the risk of sounding cliche, finding something to keep yourself occupied, or another way to vent your frustration is definitely better in the long run.

I know you've gone through a lot worse things than I can possibly imagine, but you need someone to talk to, rant/rave, or anything, let me know.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Have your parents been involved? Do you have a therapist you are working with? Has this information been placed in your student record? In many school systems, there are committees which deal with special needs, does your school system have this structure? Also, make sure everything is in writing so that there is no question who has been told about the situation.

I do not understand what would possess a person to yell like that. Can you look at it as their problem and maybe learn from this? I have found that I have grown more from my struggles than my pleasures.

And as it has been said, please do not hurt yourself over someone else's issues. It is just not worth it

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Has your PTSD and the issues with yelling been addressed during your ARD's? Do you have an IEP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.