Problems sharing images?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ub3, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

Hi! I have just started a new thread in the road to recovery called Sharing the solution! I was hoping this could be a place where members could share solutions they have found and positive Images also. There are really no rules I hate rules and regulations and limitations but i understand the need of them to an extent especially when concerning the saftey of others! I tried to add a mindblowingly positive jpeg with a quote on it and it wouldnt post as it said it was too long and took up something like 56k in letters and the limit is only 20k? I dont know if theres a way around this or if im doing it wrong? as i just dragged and dropped it in the text box from my desktop! Also on my profile page where activities are theres a photo section but no option to add or see and photos? so why is it their? what am i missing?:dancing2:

2. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

Ps for got to thankyou freya for your suggestion to start the thread! thankyou and i look forward to you participating hopefully it will grow organically given plenty of care, love and nurturing Lol I see it as a virtual plant!

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Is it something you can put a link to as opposed to loading on here for larger image size? There are a lot of places with free image hosting such as used by people in members artistic creations and other places throughout the forum where want to share images by posting a link to the image. (I am simply mentioning a possible solution that is within my technical ability as opposed to trying to directly answer a question that I really do not have an answer for). When it comes to images making it so their are not fairly strict limits would add up very quickly if you took all the links that were on here and exchanged them for jpg images where whatever size you chose there would still be images that needed to be re-sized.

Another work around may be to change the size of the image in any number of programs by either changing actual dimensions or "save for web" which reduces the the size by cutting pixel density?

4. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

Thankyou for taking the time to respond NY! Unfortunatley Im above average intelligence when it comes to computers and media, sound film, Images. I have a Ba in sound art design and am well over qualified tecnically to be spending such a disgusting amount of time trying to post a very simple Image on a thread! I have tried posting on every conceivible level and the general consensos is that it will not post the actual image within the post despite having decreased the size to a thumnail... links are basic news! thats not my issues! All I would like to achive is the posting of an image within a thread! can someone put me out of my misery and just inform me that its not possible! which i suspect given i havent seen 1 image that im aware of ! so I guess theres the answer! this website isnt enabled to display embedded images within the forum Jesus christ

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

No embedded images :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.