Problems sleeping

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Erxi_Kusanagi, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erxi_Kusanagi

Erxi_Kusanagi Member

Does anyone have problems sleeping from hunger pains? This only started bothering me a few months ago (which is strange because it hasn't before despite me having this ED for several years), I have had trouble falling asleep because the hunger pains, and once I do the pains will wake me up every 2-3 hours, after about 4-5 hours of sleep I usually can't sleep anymore and just get up.

The only way that I can get more then 4-5 hours of sleep is by taking sleeping pills with alcohol (usually jagermeister), that'll knock me out for about 12 hours.
  2. the Hollow

the Hollow Well-Known Member

Yep and it gets worst as you get thinner you feel bruised from laying on your bones,you can never get comfortable because every in every position you end up putting pressure on another bone ,even when you support yourself with pillows. You end up feeling like your laying on a matress of uncovered springs. Once you stop sleeping you end up more of an emotional mess coz now youre not eating or sleeping. Dont get me wrong I wasnt even that thin because I was switching between starving then binging and purging. Its not worth it.
  3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Insomnia is your body's response to the starvation. You are full with endorphines which makes you stay awake.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.