Problems with forum PM's

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Petal, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have not been getting pm's on the forum that were sent to me from 2 different people. Another member sent pm's that were not delivered to someone else too and someone i talk to regularly got pm's from me but i either get pm's from her 3 times or none are sending.

What's going on with this? Is it to do with the updating of the site?

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I haven't noticed this at all. But if there is an issue, it wouldn't have anything to do with the updates that have been done.

3. Petal

OK thanks hun, since 2 people approached me about this and it happened to me too I thought I would post. I will let you know if it continues.

4. WildCherry

I know it happens sometimes when the site glitches, crashes for a few seconds. PM's don't get sent then, or when they do, they show up 2 or 3 times. That's a possibility. But definitely let us know if it continues to happen.

5. Petal

I received the same PM 5 times (last night) from someone different to those mentioned above. They did not know if the message was sending, perhaps the site just glitched

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

From individual people it can happen a lot- It happens to me when my internet is not great- because when I click send and nothing happens for a second or two I click it several more times out of impatience and irritation.Then i find that it sent 4 copies....

7. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i just sent a message but it's not showing up in my "sent" box? this is the second time i've had this happen ... i don't know if the message was sent or not

8. WildCherry

By default, sent messages don't show, but it's something you can change. From the forum home page, go to Settings, and then General Settings. You should find, "Save a copy of Sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default." Check that, click Save Changes, and you should be all set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.