Problems with psychologist...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Constantinos, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I'm not feeling very well right now and wanted some support :(

I had a Skype session with my psychologist because she is abroad for a few days, while in the session i told her in a polite manner that the quality of the Skype session (in terms of clear voice and clear video) was not at all good. At first she denied it, i told her i can even take a photo and show her when she comes back. The Video was blurry and the voice was delayed and also i couldn't hear half of the things.

Anyway she got angry at me, she said she cannot accept this and she said she feels being attacked. After she said that she closed the Skype session and said we will continue later (which we did).

But how should i take this? I think she's maybe experiencing some personal issues and she can't cope with offering support to me? because in January for example she was completely different - i noticed a change in February.

I appreciate your opinions on this :(
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Two things come to mind: firstly, ask her what is going on and tell her your impressions; and we must remember, all people, no matter what their jobs are, are imperfect...if you feel her issues are getting in the way of your treatment, you need to talk about this and see what her desire is...should you continue with her or move on? Is this something she is aware of? Are you projecting upon the relationship something within your own psychological life? Talk to her and see her reactions. From that you can make a decision. Best of luck
  3. Constantinos

She gets angry at me with everything :( - i've tried a lot of things, she doesn't want to accept that she is experiencing a problem. I know that we are all people but my psychologist says that she doesn't want me to see her as a human - does this even make sense? It doesn't and i am confused completely. I really need to talk to her it seems but on the other hand i don't want her to get angry at me again - i have to try i suppose.

Should i pay her for the session today? my common sense says that no i shouldn't pay her the same way i wouldn't pay to get a broken laptop for example.
  4. Constantinos

By the way i visited another psychologist today and after i told her everything she told me the following three sentences: Terminate. You're not worth being treated like this. You've passed through enough already.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.