Professional Lurker

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by 1970, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1970

1970 New Member

Hello all, I am more of a lurker than a talker, but it seems rude not to introduce myself...

I am a 39 year old diagnosed schizoaffective and former freelance graphic designer. I've been in therapy of one kind or another for over 30 years, mostly without long-term benefit. I really don't have anyone to talk to here; everyone's either disinterested, perplexed or thinks I'm burdensome. I'm not sure exactly what I expect to get out of being here, but I'm experimenting with community and trying to relate to other people, as I've pretty much isolated myself from everything for so long.

I'm sorry for coming off kind of whining, but I swear that I'm more interesting than I think I am. Maybe.

I'm kind of distracted right now, so I may write more later. Thanks.

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hello and welcome.

3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hi. Welcome to SF.

No issues are too small. We are peer-to-peer support site, pro-life, and you'll find many different people from many different backgrounds who could offer support/advice - don't be afraid to ask :)

4. 1970

1970 New Member

Thanks for the welcome!

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the community :)

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...if you have difficulty navigating the site or initiating conversations, please contact a staff member/admin and I am sure anyone would be pleased to assist you...hope you find what you are looking for here as there are many ppl who will relate to what you are saying...welcome again

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey there and welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.