Profile Picture

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bonnevie, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonnevie

bonnevie Member

Hello! I'm new here, so I might not know what's going on just yet. I just have a question regarding my profile picture.

I see that a profile picture and an avatar are two different things. I was able to upload a picture for my avatar, but I see no option to do the same for my profile picture. Am I missing something?

I also saw that there was another thread with this same issue, but the answer given did not help me. I did not see any option to "edit profile picture" on the left hand side after clicking settings.

Is it because I'm new that I'll have to wait a while before I can have a profile picture? If so, that's absolutely fine, I'm just wondering.

Thank you for everything you do on this website, I feel truly welcomed and blessed.

Jen :)
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hi Jen - welcome to SF :hug:

The truth is I have no idea how to set your profile picture as I just went to my own to try to do it and can't find the option. It isn't because you are new. Hopefully someone with a clue will happen along. I just wanted to welcome you and let you know you are not being ignored :)
  3. bonnevie

bonnevie Member

Hi Freya, thank you so much!

Hmm, sounds like a tricky one then, I'm glad I posted the question up! I'm not too bothered either way though, I'm loving this site already anyway! You are very kind, I hope to speak to you often.

Jen :)
  4. thorns_all_over

thorns_all_over Green Thumb Staff Alumni

When this forum was founded, an avatar and a profile picture was supported. Over time, this changed, and now we only support avatars, which basically serve also as profile pictures. That is why there is no option to upload or have a profile picture displayed.
    The reason behind it is, that we don't allow personal pictures of ourselves for privacy reasons.
    Therefore there is no use for a profile picture option.
  5. bonnevie

bonnevie Member

Hi thorns, thanks so much for the information! Now I needn't worry about it at all :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.