Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Cecily, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cecily

Cecily New Member

My friend and I were once in these types of situtations. She once dealt with a serious eating disorder that almost ruined her life, and I have tried commiting suicide and survived...twice.

But now that we have each other, we're stronger. And we realize that not everyone has
    a shoulder to cry on. So as a huge personal project, we've decided that we want to take people's stories--of suicide, depression, rape, so on--and make a beautiful video explaining that everyone needs someone. But in order to do so, we need help. Your help.

Please, email us your
    stories. We respect your privacy and will give you a fake name in the stories if you desire.

Thank you! :sleepy:
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

you want to explain that everyone needs someone? Nice, but I disagree.

Everyone needs someone... or something. Many people have sought strength through their own abilities such as art or music, many have become stronger through their beliefs in religions, ideologies or humanitarian causes.

There are people who won't have shoulders to cry on, or people to listen to them or other people to turn to, but this is only one way of becoming stronger. In the end good times come and go, friends come and go, beliefs and abilities come and go too. And maybe what makes us stronger is to accept that this is the way things are?

I'm also not sure it's wise to look for the good that can come out of bad events. Bad events are bad events. Surely, we should focus on looking for the good in good events?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I do agree that everyone does not need someone else. However it could be nice for some people I suppose. Maybe try not to emphasise that everyone needs someone in the definite. Just an opinion.

Ziggy in responce to your last comment, sometimes it's also nice to hear about people whom overcome their own adversities. Sometimes in hearing the struggle and success through trying times it gives some people hope and strength.

Anyhow, best of luck with this.
  4. Cecily

Cecily New Member

"Sometimes in hearing the struggle and success through trying times it gives some people hope and strength."

I love how you put that. :) That's exactly what I meant to say!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.