Project Menchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menchi

Ok, this is something i've been thinking about for a while. Still thinking it over, trying to work out what to do, but wanted some ideas and feedback on it to start with. Firstly, excuse the name, its stupid i know :tongue:

Basically, one big problem i've had for a long long time now is actually going from the point where i'm thinking about stuff, to the point where i'm actually doing stuff. Excuses set in, logic and reasoning, everything telling me why not to get out of this comfortable little rut.

So this seriously has to change, and i'm hoping that the residents of SF could help me. Haven't worked out exactly how this will work yet, but my idea is that whoever wants to can suggest stuff for me to do. There will be a few conditions on it (nothing that will get me arrested, for example :tongue: ), but by whatever method i come up with in the end, will end up me doing one of these things every couple of weeks or something, then keeping a diary on here to track my progress. Making it a public thing will hopefully make it much easier for me to do (with the right mix of support and pressure :tongue: ). Was thinking of even keeping a video log or something, don't know yet, lots of thoughts still being worked on with this.

Wasn't sure where to start this thread, but as its a positive thing, trying to do stuff, to move forward (even if only in small steps), thought i would try in here, see how things go. Just wanted to see what everyone thought, and other ideas of feedback or anything anyone had about doing this!

Zurkhardo

Great idea Menchi. I think this certainly deserves its place in this part of the forum :)

For starters, have you considered volunteer work? I know it's a bit cliche but it truly is rewarding: you help people out, keep active, feel productive, and could even make new friends :)

Reki

That's a great way to start a change. The volunteer work idea is awesome as well.

Try getting your mp3 player out and going for a run around the neighborhood for some nice fresh air, it's amazing how good getting a little blood pumping can make you feel.

I agree with both of those :)

If you've any other projects that are a bit less frenetic (e.g. writing etc), you could do that too, when you've a quiet moment?

Bambi

I love this idea and support it 100% - count me to help in any way I can.

As far as projects I am gonna suggest a group sport? Like soccer to get you out of the house and socializing...this is a big one for me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00