Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Godsdrummer, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Gotta be the worst thing I do to myself. I guess I am a pessimist at heart. I try not to be, but I am.

But the projecting thing is the worst!!

For example, as I walked out of work this past Friday, I had a dreadful dire thought, that because I had taken some time off from work due to a recent illness, that I was going to loose my job. You see I am on a verbal warning for unscheduled days off. However the boss was able to get my time approved off, when I was sick. However, I thought that the verbal warning wasnt just for unscheduled time, but overall hours used....and..that little ditty went into my head Friday. AND FOR THE WHOLE FRICKIN WEEKEND, I sweated that out.

Well I talked to my boss today and everything is fine.

I can't tell you how many times I have projected the worst, only to discover that it never comes to fruition.

It's gotta be the disease. It just has to be that damned depression.

Do any of you project?
  2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Aye, I do that about a few things but try not to let it bother me anymore. According to the therapist and the books I'm reading, it's called catastrophizing-

It takes a while to reject those kinds of thoughts and realize how irrational they really are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.