Prolife forum?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by turryburry, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turryburry

turryburry Well-Known Member

I've stated publicly here that I'm an atheist. That shouldn't matter, should it? I've just seen prolife stated a few times and wondered.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Re: Hello

Pro life has nothing to do with religion. It has nothing to do with abortion in our usage here either. It is simply a statement that we do not provide assistance or methods in taking ones own life at any time.

3. turryburry

Thanks for that NYJ. I think atheists are ultra-sensitive when it comes to that word. I appreciate it.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I am quite sure "prolife" on a suicide forum is not misunderstood by 99% of Athesists. You're stereotyping Atheists unfairly by assuming they're sensitive over something so not related. I am an Atheist and I don't care one bit about the abortion debate it has nothing to do with religious "prolife" stance.

Being an Atheist has nothing to do with religious perspective on abortion issue. Atheists can be prochoice or prolife or other, and make their decisions based on their opinions on whatever reason they support either side.

Hope it clears misunderstanding,

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
  5. turryburry

Not at all. I'm a polite person and perhaps it's geographical but I think you're wrong. I'm not the only atheist that picks up on slights---not saying there was one here. Atheists are fallible too. :)

The word prolife is generally associated with religion. I was asking a question based (only on) my own experiences here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.