1. on my own

on my own Well-Known Member

okay; complicated story about why I'm suddenly so positive about the whole thing. but bottom line is, right now I'm glad I'm going with xxxxxxx. after I spend about an hour in the shower to get ready (Dont ask; I already feel stupid enough about that one as it is) I realized I actually do like her and want to impress her.

she asked me last week, xxxxxxxxxxxx, who is a guy I hang with at school a lot. she broke up with her boyfriend and had an extra ticket so she asked if I wanted to go. I just said yes cuz I felt bad for her, senior prom and she wouldnt get to go cuz she broke up with her boyfriend. I spend most of yesterday getting around making sure everything was taken care of with her. (she made me get a haircut; sucker as I am, I actually did it exactly the way she wanted it to be.) I ended up being locked out of my house and spend a long time at her place. to cut a long story short, she ended up falling asleep cuddling my left leg.

wish me luck tonight, it's been a while since I tried to impress a girl...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  2. Fuzzy Monkey

Fuzzy Monkey Well-Known Member

aww how cute good luck.

3. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

we want all the gossip
    hurry up
    hope all went well

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Let us know how it turns out. Good Luck OMO. :hug:

5. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

How did it go?

6. on my own

on my own Well-Known Member

the whole thing actually went really good. and nothing went wrong untill I took her home. well; first things first

after the whole cell phone number crisis that gave me (and sarahg) pretty much a stroke I eventually got at her place (announced too) to take her to do her hair. christ, it took like an hour to get her hair done while I was kinda hanging around being bored. the best way to descripe my reaction when she came out was 'staring' though. she looked awesome...

anyway; that was before she put on makeup and her dress... so I had more staring to do later on...

and than her mom wanted to take pictures... which was kinda awkward... but hey, I survived the whole thing, flashes and everything. after that we went to get the prof pictures taken, which was a long wait... and that whole great march thing... <Mod edit: Abacus21 - privacy> (guy pronounced my name wrong... as he did <mod edit - gentlelady - privacy>...)

next; getting to the actually dinner, of course I get lost... I dont know my way around sherrelvile, I never go there. (crown point prom, let's go to sherrelville american logic is beyond me) anyway... finally we get there, amazingly enough, on time and find the table we're supposed to be on without any trouble. (so unlike me, nothing is easy for me usually. appearnetly her good luck outshines my bad luck) and from that moment stuff actually goes really well. though I'm still planning on finding the person who had the brilliant idea of having chicken wings at prom dinner. thanks to this brilliant mind I barely got to eat any cuz I ended up giving all the eatable pieces to <mod edit-gentlelady-privacy> who had a piece with barely any meat on it.

as for the dancing; we ended up dancing pretty much all night, she has a lot more energy than I generally have.

as said before, the only thing that went wrong was when we drove back. I kinda wrecked her dad's car (borrowed his car; I dont have one)... 3 things I'm really grateful for:
    one; it wasn't my fault
    two; <Mod edit-gentlelady-privacy> didnt get hurt
    three; her dad's car is a really save car.

anyway; that's pretty much my night

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009