Promise to Keep.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by chris'el, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris'el

chris'el New Member

This is my first post not really sure what to write but am going to give it a go. Well first of I was told about this site by my girlfriend I have cut before just to hurt myself and I have tried to kill myself with pills to which didnt work. At the minute I am wanting to try agian if not to end it but to at least make myself hurt. But the problem is I have made a promise to the one person I love and I dont want to let her down but I feel that I need to break this promise but I dont want to lose her and I feel at the minute I am going to I break this promise I sometimes wish that my first attempt had worked so I dont hurt her. If by some chance she sees this I want her to know I love her and care for her and just want to be with her and no matter what happens to me I will always love her but I just feel I need to give up and go into my own little corner and die away.

I wrote alot and sorry to who ever reads this for boring you.

2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.. you didn't bore me. I'm sorry that you're feeling like hurting yourself at the moment. Can i ask if anything has happened to spur these thoughts of wanting to hurt yourself? If you want to talk about it, if it'd help, please do.. you won't bore us. Is there any way you could talk to your girlfriend about how you're feeling? Maybe she could help support you so that you don't hurt yourself but instead get the help and support you need in order to start feeling a bit better.

Keep talking if it helps. I'm listening
    Jenny x
  3. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

first things first :welcome: to the forum here. i am so sorry you are in that mode to hurt yourself right now. please feel free to continue to share here. you're not boring us at all. a lot of people can relate to how you're feeling, so just know you are not alone.

is there anyone you have that you can talk to like a therapist or doctor or something like that? just curious or how about your girlfriend? i sometimes feel like it is a bit much on whoever is listening that is why i appreciate having a therapist and a doctor. what has spawned all this on? please feel free to talk about it if you'd like. we will listen.

please take care and stay safe
  4. chris'el

chris'el New Member

Jenny, Hi and thanks I mean I have had these feeling for awhile but few months ago it got to much and I acted on it sometimes i feel like I should of worked and other times am glad it didn't I just feel like when I talk to people its to much and they shouldn't have to hear things like this. But thank you for replying to my post.

5. chris'el

chris'el New Member

thank you for your reply its good to know there are people out there willing to listen.
  6. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

We are willing to listen and you're not too much for us here. I hope things are improving for you, please keep talking if it helps. :hug:
  7. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Welcome to the forums Chris.

It sounds like your girlfriend loves you very much. Keep talking to her, and keep talking to us. It would pain her very much to lose someone like you. It's pretty great that you're still here with us. And that you found someone like her who is willing to listen to you, which is more than what some people are have. It's always great to have a friend (Or girlfriend) who can be there for you physically if need be. Keep holding on, and of course, we're always here if need be.

8. jerrin

jerrin Guest

It's a promise to be faithful and commited to a long term relationship. You give a promise ring when you are not ready to get engaged but ready to show the world you are together.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.