Promises To Yourself..?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by absolution, Jan 21, 2011.

?

Should You Keep The Promises You Make To Yourself?

1. yes, of course

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. it depends

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Do you think you should honor the promises you make to yourself at all costs?

2. xToxThexGravex

xToxThexGravex Well-Known Member

It depends, because there are a lot of factors that come into play that can drastically change the outcome of a given situation. Sometimes they can help, but other times they can completely turn the situation/goal into a shitton of clutterfuck.

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

^^ agree!

4. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

It depends... a lot of what Axel said I agree with too, wonder if you keep not fulfilling the promises you make to yourself that you'll end up being even more depressed or mad or disappointed with yourself.:sad:

5. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: that's exactly what i am worried about :(

6. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

The secret is in making your promises achievable so that it keeps you motivated every time your successful. it will make you more confident.

So yes you should keep them but only if achievable.

7. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

I have a thing about only making promises if i think i can keep them, after all giving someone your word is an important thing and if you cant be trusted to keep your word what can people trust about you?
    i have broken promises in the past however and im not proud of it. Especially with promises to myself i have been a bit less than trustworthy, thats all work in progress though and now i am feeling better than i have in a long time and i am starting to trust the promises i make to myself now, this years going to be a good year i think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.