Prompt Line

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by PandorasToybox, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

My suicidal ideations & self harm is out of control again & Im in a bad place. I am forcing myself to ask for help because I cant handle this on my own. I have someone that I am willing to confide in & they are willing to listen but how do you tell someone you are afraid you might kill yourself? How do you start such a convo..I know it sounds silly but what's an opening line?? This, sadly, is my biggest obstacle... I honestly give myself another week or so before I lose my mind....Ive already had some of my profs pull me aside or e-mail me because they are concerned, but I dont want to tell them...
  2. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

If you trust that person, and they're willing to help you in your darkest hours, that is a wonderful thin my friend. Your friend probably wants to help you, and wont mind if you call or text "I'm feeling down... I'm a danger to myself". Or you can flat out tell them. If you're really worried, just tell them you're feeling down or you're in a dark place. Personally, I would want any friend to call me if they felt like that. Even if they flat out told me, I would listen.

We're glad you came for help, and I hope you'll stay safe :hug:

(You can drop me a line if you don't want to drop one to your friend or your profs, even though they can help you face to face, you can PM me and I'll listen :) )
  3. janie

janie Well-Known Member

it can be hard when its just not the right context/if the other person is always oblivious. I find for serious things chatting online is easier than face-to face. If ur friend is the walways online type u can try just IMing him/her one day.

otherwise just talk here and tell us whats been happening? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.