pros and cons of me bein alive

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cloudXstrife, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudXstrife

cloudXstrife Member

pros: none

cons: im on benifits so im just taking your money to live a empty life.

i still live with my parents at 21 and there lifes would be better
    if i wasnt here.

what am i spose to do if i cant be happy in life and i cant make anyone else happy? i wont kill myself over this but what am i ment to do for the rest of my life? all i can think off is to sit in my room and wait to die which is what ive been doin for the last 7 years but its pretty boring n depressing.

i suffer with anxiety, agorophobia and depression and theres bo chance off getting over it btw
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well first hun stop thinking about everyone else. Think about just you. Because when we think about others we tend to put our own needs way in the back to ensure that we have the energy we need to take care of the others.

Generally I dont see the problem with living at your parents still. 21 is not too old to be relying on family for support when you need it. For you personally you may not be comfortable with it, but I think trying to make drastic changes to that situation right now wouldn't help you in the slightest. If you are feeling guilty, offer to pay a part of the benefits you receive to help cover the costs of you staying with them.

How can you expect to be happy in life when you arent experiencing life? Do you have a pdoc or therapist? Are you on any meds to help with your mental health issues? If not try getting those things hun. They can help you to be able to venture out even if just for a short walk each day. And as you become comfortable with that, those walks will turn into visists to the shopping malls or other public venues. You will find yourself feeling a bit more at ease and even happy. By then finding even a part time job will now look realistic and not so far away. You need to be participating in life if even in the smallest of ways to find happiness out of it. Once you can find happiness for yourself, finding it for and with others will get easier too!

Yes I agree you may never get over your mental health issues. But there are options available to help you cope and control them. Please post a little more about what you are going through so members here can maybe help you find some better solutions or resources than what you have right now.
  3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i know where your coming from. im on benefits too and i dont leave my flat unless i have to. i go for walks at night in winter and when it gets light in summer, its relaxing. i lived with my mum until i was 20. its no big deal. just you need more than a room eventually.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are still young still time to get your own apartment still time to meet someone still time to try new therapy new meds still time means still hope You have to try to get out even for a little while it is the only way things will change meet people in a interest that is t he same as yours. Always hope when your as young as you 21 there are people in their 30 and 40 having to move back home because of financial situations it means nothing. take care
  5. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Don't worry about living with your parents, I heard of some guy that just got his Ph.D in biophysics and he moved back in with his mom and dad until he could get a place of his own.

If it makes you feel better, there was this middle aged man who wrote a huge blog about his recent experience of losing his virginity to a prostitute. He traveled to another country just for the meeting and the description of the event induced a grade-A cringe from me. Trust me, you don't want to know.

I know it's horrible of me, but at least you're not that guy.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Cloudxstrife,
    Imahanh has given you some excellent advice.. I too am an Isolationist.. I have been locked up in my room for eighteen years, only coming out for necessities and appointments.. I have found if I make my appointments for first thing in the morning I am able to get out of the house for a little while.. I accomplished this with the help of a good therapist..
    Living at home is nothing to be ashamed of.. I am fity two and live with my sister..Sure we have our spats but in the end she is glad to have me here and I am gratefull she has put a roof over my head..
    Try therapy and give it a chance it takes a while to build the bonds between you.. They have to get to know you before they can put together a treatment plan..I have told my therapist everything about me..No secrets.. I wish you all the best!!!
  7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

PROS: You are important to your family and friends.
    You can get meds. and/or therapy for your depression and anxiety

*We will gladly give up some of our money to keep you here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.