Prove It yourself: Are you L or R

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Bostonensis, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Are you really left handed or right handed? Is there anything as both?

This is the greatest challenge that I am facing. What does got reliigion do with it?

2. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Implusses. Kindly move it where it apporpriate. My apology.

3. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I'm right-handed, but I can write mirrored with my left hand, although shakily. I'm sure I could learn writing mirrored, perfectly fine, if I'd put my mind to it.

I've noticed you've been thinking a lot about if left- or right-handedness is due to a physical construction of the brain or not, recently. Here is another thing to think about, though: Why have I always, ever since childhood, felt extreme awkwardness when trying to hold the fork in the left hand, and the knife in the right? That's the way you are "supposed" to hold - was even told by teachers, when I was little, that you're supposed to hold them the other way around - but I've never even considered holding the other way. I probably held the knife in the left hand and the fork in the right, the first time I held a knife and fork, and since my parents weren't idiots who would question such a decision, that's what would become right for me. The same goes for my right-handedness; I probably held a crayon, or whatever was the first I drew with, in the right hand, the first time, and since my parents wouldn't object, I continued using the right. The same goes for my mother and elder sister, who, instead, both are left-handed.

I doubt it is only learnt, however; why are most right-handed, in countries with right-to-left languages, in that case? That's the case in Japan, for instance, at least.

4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

im right handed at most things.

5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I'm right handed but left footed.

6. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

I'm right handed at everything, but I follow the Left-Hand Path:wink:

7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Ah an LHP-er. I've spoken extensively with many.

8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'm left-handed, and right-footed.

I'll move it to the Coffee House :)

9. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

im right handed except with snooker
    but son left handed at everything

10. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I am researching my roots or ancestors ,if I may, this is how I become puzzled about myself. I started with my Dad side of the family. I shared his humor,his need to be alone, his views about religion, his innateness in fixng broken things. And the best of all is his affection towards tennis. He has this back scratcher I remember which is very very sharp.

Some of our doorknobs ,bathroom is on the left. His tools are all switch. To make this short , I pick up my old habits & traced bacwards. The horrors of school days came out. Many decisions that brings me a lifetime grief. Now that my Dad is dead , I have to ask myself what would he would think in such a situation. I struggled all the time & even to a point I feel like he is alive & arguing with me. And that triggers my curiosity to look deeper into myself. And I proved to myself that I am indeed a leftee rather than my other hand ,I hate that right, word.

There am not many organs on our body that will guide us there but there are. Crossin over our right hemisphere of our brain is a bridge & this is the key to know. Watch how you walk .Move your eyeballs side to side. Try to pass anything from one hand to the other when picking up things. Revers everything that you normally do with your other hand. Face the wall when using the bathroom. There are a gazillion things to reconstruct to awaken the other brain hemisphere. Remember there is a bridge to cross over.
    Anything can pass clockwise or reverse & people will not follow how fast you can create a scenario in your head.

Monks spend decades to access this state of mind when they could have done it one day. "Mindfulness" my assss. We all have it,but only self can undo it.

There are more to the left than the right . The greedy exploit it.

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wrote lefhanded until first grade when my teacher wouldn't allow it. You got a ruler to the knuckles if you did. So know my right hand is predominant, but I bat lefthanded and do gymnastics with a left foot lead. I can still write left handed though.

12. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Why is there more to the left than the right? The way I see it, the right hemisphere is better, since it is the artistic and emotional side, while the left is just mathematical and logical. Of course, being good with logic is very positive... mathematics, though... -_-; I can understand it, but I forget it, very fast... my mind does all it can to block out mathematics. Meh, I truly hate maths.

13. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I am a right hander but due to my coordination problems, some things I do better left handed. And because of that, some things I do better with just one hand when its something people commonly do with both hands. At the same time, I have very unusual ways to do things too. But according to some internet test I did, I am sort of a balanced brained person.

14. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

That is what I mean,most ,if not all,leftees (handed) accordingly is prdmntly the entrance to our brain but religion /school blocked it. I really really believed that there is a serious motive behind that.

For information purposes only ,there are proofs that there is a method of writing called the Minoan syllabary that is " hidden to this day ". And in my opnion is very very crucial to our exiztence.So many symbols that arw yet to be deciphered.One article in Hebrew shown that the orientaion of these signs are arranged left to right & continue to the bck of the page in a spiral motion.

Math is beyond hate to me. But again how we can understand them when there is no language that can explain it.Tha damn Greeks.

15. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I am left-handed in everything except writing/drawing with my right. I'm sure thats because I bet I was made to when I was young, that has to be the reason right? I'm always mystified by how people can write and draw with their left hand, there's no way in hell I can do it but otherwise, my left hand is used for everything else and is stronger too.

I'm all left-footed also.

16. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

im left handed but my mum thinks i was forced to write with my left by my school because im good at certain things with my right hand i cant do with my left

17. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Right Handed, Left Footed

18. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Prove It yourself:

leftee= lefthanded=brain's b-right hemispheer ( legend )(ZYX)

Huge challenge of a lifetime.I think there are more letfhanded people than we ought to know. The Mayans proved this that the writing system has alot to do with handedness/thinking /doing/minding.

Everi minute of a day I have to be conscious what I am thinking. I hate listenign to some radios or I end up arguing with it.

I guess this is the monks are doing everyday & nothing else. It is very easily distracted. I am totally messed up in school. Be aware of those around us. Handshakes ,do not give in.

Ancient stones & clays were found with egravings that does not correspond with the lateralism. It is impossible to deciphered , I think if our brain is locked up or somebody is hiding them.

See you tomorrow brains////

19. Smythe

Smythe Well-Known Member

Left handed for most things, right for others.

20. Damian_H

Damian_H Well-Known Member

I wright with my right hand, eat left handed and do most other things left handed, what am I :dry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.