Prozac experiences?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Remedy, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Did it help at all? :confused:

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

It helped me until they took me off of it in an effort to help my anxiety... Which I'm still clueless as to why they did that... My anxiety not only got worse but so did my depression. But yeah... until they took me off it the prozac helped me.

3. acecoffee

acecoffee Active Member

i dont think it does ,but my doctor believed it is the reason of the improvement of my general behaviour .
    i still feel sucidial and anxiety still kick in and i still feel as crap as before ,
    however spending a lot of time with pyschologist and non-judgemental people does help my social anxiety disorder tho ,

4. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

it helped me a bit with depression but not with other stuff that i won't bore you with. That's the only reason i won't be staying on it though.

5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

If you are looking to use other people's experience to decide whether to take it yourself, then that is really not going to help you.

What works for one person might not work for another, hence there being so many meds on the market.

You just have to try it and find out.

6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

no help for me~ but everyone is very different.
    If any medication isn't working for you within 1-2 months; it's not going to work.
    Just try out meds as needed. your doctor will prescribe you whatever he/she thinks is appropriate, so make sure to be open with them and tell them what you feel and what you would like from your meds.

7. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

Didn't do shit for me

8. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Prozac made me more suicidal.

9. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Prozac made me more anxious.. I've always held anxiety in my stomach but once I started on prozac the anxiety really increased. So much so that I couldn't sleep and when I did i would have nightmares then wake up early with such anxiety.. it was awful. But the side effects did subside after some time.

On the plus side, i did feel that (after some time) my suicidal ideation decreased dramatically. I also felt like i had more energy.

It's important to know that prozac, and any medication, will affect/help people in different ways so what one person experiences won't be what you will. Discussing with a doctor is probably the best idea..