PS3 is better the x-360

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Regenesis, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

I own both of the consoles.In the beggining,x-360 was a lot better.Better graphics,more games...
    But nowadays PS3 recovered,they got used with its coding and are now taking advantage of its Cell CPU.
    OH,and I just had my 2nd ring of death on my XBOX.Arghhhhhhhhhhh.

2. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

3. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I haven't played either, but I have a Wii and it's pretty fun playing with the kids.

4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I still have my original Xbox. I saw a PS3 today at Costco. It was over 400 bucks :blink: I don't think so.

5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I just use my desktop for gaming. Buying a PS3 or Xbox is tantamount to buying a whole new computer - so why not just bolster the performance on your desktop for less money?

The Wii is the only one that offers something my computer can't match.

6. just.me

just.me Account Closed

hmmm lets see, 400 dollars computer vs 400 dollars PS3?
    PS3 wins...
    Even if you have a computer already and you just upgrade it
    PS3 wins anyways as it will last for 4 years minimum while your pc upgrade
    will last 6 months at best...
    PS3 wins...

when it comes to games, PS3 wins anyways as it is designed for games
    while PCs are more of a media desktop used for everything but with no focus on anything
    PC is a work station, PS3 is a game station

7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yusssssssssssssss! PS3! :victory:
    And yes.. PlayStation and computers are very different. Computers constantly need upgrading to keep up unless you spend a fortune on one.
    I've had so many problems playing games on mine.

8. just.me

just.me Account Closed

the problem is the price of the games :(
    i had PS3 but was forced to sell it as i couldn't afford games
    i had 1 game during a whole year!

9. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I prefer my computer, I spent 350 quid on it and it performs better than my 360, plus I can mod my games.

10. Lovecraft

Not true. I have a ~300$ GPU that I needed a ~100$ PSU to run. My computer now exceeds the abilities of a PS3, and allows easy web browsing, video editing, multiple OSes, office applications, etc. The upgrade was done more than 6 months ago and my computer is still well above the reccomended system resources for modern games.

11. Help me please

Help me please Well-Known Member

I've had my Xbox for a few years now. I've never had any problems with it. I guess I'm lucky? I'd buy a PS3, but I just don't want to spend 400 dollars, when I KNOW a price drop has to happen soon. So when it falls, I'll get a PS3. Till then I'll just play L4D.

12. just.me

just.me Account Closed

well considering the amount of money you spent on it
    then yeah its logical, but it wont give you the one immunity that PS3 have,
    that is the no need for upgrade, yet without loosing the ability
    to play all the top new games on HD quality (plasma or LCD screens).
    so maybe your PC will last for a year instead of 6 months
    its still far from 4 years that the PS3 is designed for
    and dont forget that the PS3 cost less then your current computer.

But overall, if you do more things then just play, so yeah computer is better
    but when it comes to games, nothing beats the PS3
    as i said:
    Computer = general work station
    PS3 = top game station

13. pit

pit Well-Known Member

PSU x GS3 to the 13th power = ESU

14. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Oh my god.
    Do you believe that because a new GPU will come out in six months his current one automatically needs to be replaced? -heres a hint, no it doesn't-

In six months a new piece of hardware may well be better, but that wont stop his current set up being just as astounding as it is today and still better than a PS3.
    The only difference is, the PC can be upgraded when he so wishes. Which fortunately wont be for a good few years as the industry standard will make games capable of being played on an X-box so as to appeal to the largest target audience.

15. Lovecraft

How so? I haven't seen the specs of a PS3, but I can guarentee mine are similar. Considering most any PC game also releases onto the PS3 and/or Xbox 360, it will have similar requirements on my hardware. My PC also extents me the ability to replace or upgrade individual parts, rather than wastefully discarding everything because one element is broken.

When my hardware gets dated, I can spend 50$ for a hunk of copper in heatsink form and use it to overclock my hardware until it's up to scratch. I can take my 2.2GHz cores up to 2.6GHz easily because I have decent cooling. When I get a new processor, I can just use the same heatsink on it because they generally try to make sockets backwards compatible.

Although my PC is considerably more expensive than a PS3 - 450$ more, say - It eliminates the need to go out and buy a whole other computer to do anything but play games. The PC cuts redundancy, vendor lock-in, the ability to customize and also saves space and arguably money.

16. just.me

just.me Account Closed

Right... few facts:
    1. Most games are developed for game stations first, PC maybe later
    2. Only on a game station you can enjoy TRUE HD graphics without FPS drop
    while on PC even the top graphic card wont be able to handle HD resolution.
    3. the largest communities of gamers are console gaming communities, not PC.

Example: Killzone 2
    400$ + 200$ LCD 32 inch (LG 32LH20R LCD) + 40$ for the game
    and you enjoy smooth game play on HD quality resolution (PS3)
    which results in 640$ without the need in any feature upgrades

or:
    you will need a 729$ computer + a good monitor (50$) + the game
    which results in more then 770$

so what we have
    PS3: 640$ plus you get a nice tv to enjoy with your family and blue ray
    to enjoy the top new HD DVDs movies.
    PC: more then 770$ and all you get is a work station
    without blue ray, with nVidia 9400GT which is not even the top one
    so you WONT be able to play games on ultra high and HD quality
    and it comes without OS so you are forced to hack or to spend more
    money to buy one (click)

17. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

maybe i should buy both of them. ha

18. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with my Xbox, thanks. I've got both the PS3 and the 360 and I've not touched the PS3 since beating MGS4. I dunno, I like the established community and the games that are available for it. Also it's a lot easier to get Xbox games in my area as most of the local retailers seem to cater to that market.

I'm not a graphic junkie. My Xbox was cheaper, the games are easier to find, I like the setup of Live. And that's what sealed my choice for me.

19. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

HD resolution being 1,280x720 (720p) and above. PC websites have benchmarks for games at 1920x1200 resolutions (above 1080p, often also with a high fps), so I don't know how you got the idea that PC cards can't handle HD resolution.

Framerate drops can happen on any game. I've been playing Lost Odyssey on the 360 and there has been a lot of framerate drops. I don't blame the hardware, it's more to do with the coding.

20. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

LOL you're not getting a 32 inch LCD for $200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.