Psoriasis??

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
I am interested as to whether any others here who have a history of trauma have a problem with psoriasis. I have had psoriasis since I was a child, and, whilst it's largely in remission now it was quite bad in the past. Anyone else?? There is a llink between trauma and psoriasis. I am just curious.

Bergerac

I am interested as to whether any others here who have a history of trauma have a problem with psoriasis. I have had psoriasis since I was a child, and, whilst it's largely in remission now it was quite bad in the past. Anyone else?? There is a llink between trauma and psoriasis. I am just curious.
Yes, I have this. But, in my case, it is due to an excess of salt in my diet - so largely controllable and down to my personal choice.

Sorry to hear you have this, too.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I have a history of trauma and have psoriasis. Luckily it's never been particularly severe and my flare ups are rare (mainly affecting my scalp and legs so it's easy to cover up).

Dycorp

I don't fall into any of your categories.
I do believe that mental state troubles, especially long lasting ones, can manifest in psychical aspects, diseases, illnesses.
Really simplified version: distress causes a constant "flight or fight", alertness state, which slowly exhausts our "system". Other factors are also in play, from lifestyle through genetics. Nearly everything/anything can amplify or weaken the negative effects, directly or indirectly.

To answer your question, yes, it is quite possible to have a connection between your trauma and psoriasis. For example, I am more prone to muscle pains, starting at my trapezius, digestive system related disruptions, muscle spasms especially around my eye, when i face distress for a while. Nearly all the time i get a cold after the distress is lowered, nullified. I know people whose eczema worsens.

One of my instructors claimed that 95% of our psychical problems come from our (prolonged) mental troubles. I don't want to say percentages, as i said, it's way more complex... but all confirmed that there is a connection.
Might add my observation to make things even more complicated: our psychical problems can affect our mental condition too.

My studies did not go into huge depths of these topics, thus take my words with a pinch (hint?) of salt.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00