Psych appointment miles away.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by feathers, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

went to doctors a few weeks ago, they referred me to a psych for depression and self harm, suicidal thoughts etc, waited all this time for a letter telling me of an appointment, and it's not until October 14th.

What the hell am I meant to do in the meantime? Sit here and cut myself 'til then? This has only been going on nearly a month and it feels like so much longer. Nearly 2 months more of this, fuck knows what state I'll be in.

Sigh.

K x

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You go to hospital emergency and tell them you need help NOW you are harrming yourself you are suicidal tell them to admitt you for immediate help so you can get on medications right away Phone doctors office and get on cancellation list as well that way you may get in earlier I would just go into hospital the oncall psychiatrist will see you and set you up with meds okay

3. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I think if I go to the hospital though if they keep me there or wahtever my dadw ill have to find out and i don't want that ot happen

thanks for your reply

also tonight i tried ot take a sleep aid tablet because i thought when i wanted to cut if i took a sleep aid tablet i would just fall asleep and not cut.. it hasn't made me that tired obviously not very strong but it has calmed me down and made me not want to cut or ffeel depessed anymore and apparently not care about grammar... anyway its oprobably a bad idea to to this too often but it seems to have worked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.