Psych eval on Thursday

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by raincloud, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

So, I am applying for cash benefits (welfare) from the state. This isn't the same as SSI, but I'm not 100% sure about all the differences.

I'm worried about appearing either not depressed enough or so depressed that they hospitalize me immediately. This is causing me a lot of anxiety. I really can't work right now. I knew that even when I was working. Mental health professionals really, really scare me and I don't trust them.

Does anyone have state welfare? I want to understand how the psych evaluations go. I also have physical health problems that I can't take care of because of my financial situation.

I had to stop taking all 7 of my medications (2 of which were antidepressants). I'm not exactly functional at the moment. I'm surprised I can even sit up.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Ihope you evaluation goes well and that you get the support you arelooking for.

3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

good luck

4. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

Thank you. Does anyone know any way I can tell them I'm suicidal without getting locked up? I can't be locked up right now. That will only make things worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.