• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Psych response

So I told my psych how every day I wish I would just not wake up. When he asked me about self harm, I said that I have considered that also....to which he replied ‘well suicide does not solve anything, it just passes the pain to others for the rest of their lives’....no shit Sherlock! Like I didn’t know that. He is very, very hesitant to give me any more benzos as he said that will be our next crisis like the opioids. After telling him about my autoimmune disease and probable shortened lifespan he disagreed and asked how do I know they won’t come out with a cure? Ugh.... Going to try olanzapine or seraquel, both of which I took with a prior physician but did not stay on long enough to see if they would kill the ruminating thoughts. This stinks.....

sorry about your experience. that is frustrating. what a stupid thing to say on both accounts- whats the point of guilt-tripping you about suicide, I swear too many people think suicidal people are stupid or something or actively trying to hurt people when most arent. saying things like that doesn't take the pain away or magically make you feel any less suicidal..... and these people are meant to be professionals *confused I have an autoimmune disease too, I feel your pain with that. It would be lovely to think there might be a cure one day, but again thinking that there might be one day a long way away isnt going to help much right now. try not to be disheartened, there are people who will talk to you in a better way and not be so frustrating. you're brave for opening up. I feel like some professionals oversimplify things, I bet most of them cant truly understand how hard it is. I hope you feel better soon

sorry about your experience. that is frustrating. what a stupid thing to say on both accounts- whats the point of guilt-tripping you about suicide, I swear too many people think suicidal people are stupid or something or actively trying to hurt people when most arent. saying things like that doesn't take the pain away or magically make you feel any less suicidal..... and these people are meant to be professionals *confused I have an autoimmune disease too, I feel your pain with that. It would be lovely to think there might be a cure one day, but again thinking that there might be one day a long way away isnt going to help much right now. try not to be disheartened, there are people who will talk to you in a better way and not be so frustrating. you're brave for opening up. I feel like some professionals oversimplify things, I bet most of them cant truly understand how hard it is. I hope you feel better soon
Thank you for your kind words. You are right, a cure 20 years from now when I am 82, if I make it that long, does me no good now. And no, they cannot understand until they have walked in our shoes!

Angie

Fiber Artist
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Anti psychotics have helped me with intrusive thoughts, yes. And the weight gain can be controlled, take the seroquel at night and don't let yourself get up and eat. Its not a magic weight gain, its has to do with eating too much. Unfortunately most anti psychs do give the person the munchies.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
So I told my psych how every day I wish I would just not wake up. When he asked me about self harm, I said that I have considered that also....to which he replied ‘well suicide does not solve anything, it just passes the pain to others for the rest of their lives’....no shit Sherlock! Like I didn’t know that. He is very, very hesitant to give me any more benzos as he said that will be our next crisis like the opioids. After telling him about my autoimmune disease and probable shortened lifespan he disagreed and asked how do I know they won’t come out with a cure? Ugh.... Going to try olanzapine or seraquel, both of which I took with a prior physician but did not stay on long enough to see if they would kill the ruminating thoughts. This stinks.....
it sucks when professionals wont listen to us. if you need to change psyc doctor...mike...*hug*shake

Aurelia

🔶🔸✴ 👑 ✴🔸🔶
Benzos as the next crisis? Yeah, I sincerely doubt it. The opioid epidemic just keeps getting worse and worse. Nothing else is even remotely comparable. Meth has been on the rise, but it's still nowhere near opioid-level crisis. And benzos are actually extremely hard to find on the street, apart from, perhaps, methadone clinics where people often combine methadone and benzos. But even there, they're not always readily available. This guy sounds like the type who thinks he knows everything without actually having experienced any of it himself.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
i'm sorry but the opioid crises was based on manufactured evidence and the cdc admitted it misrepresented the #s. every time people talk about the opioid crises they make it harder for legitimate pain patients to get the meds they deserve, i'm on around 25% of what i was on because of this so called opioid crises. and opioids in thier figures counts pain meds heroin and other drugs. which if i may add that it's very rare for a legitimate pain patient to abuse thier pain meds. so i have to suffer for the non pain patients and heroin users ( whih i am not putting them down) and everyone else that abuses or misuses drugs. and if you din't know the cdc admitted if a person has opioid pain meds and heroin in them when they od it's recorded as 2 different deaths. i agree there is a problem with abused pain meds but it's not us and a lot of pain clinics and doctors are starting to fight for us. and the worst part is if someone commits suicide for any reason and they have opioids in thier system it's counted as an opioid death as well. ironic because we are commiting suicide by the 10s of thousands because of pain.

i think if the the government want to seriously fix this then fund research on finding a way to make opioids effective for legitimate pain patients and useless for those that want to abuse them. i'm sorry but i've gone from fairly active to bedridden most of the time. an average day in bed is between 22 and 16 hours and it's because of " opioid crises" how can we fight to stay alive if people keep spreading the cdc lie and if the cdc tries to do the same for benzos that are truly needed fight back hard and fast. don't let the cdc due the same to people that needs these meds for mental health...mike

Benzos as the next crisis? Yeah, I sincerely doubt it. The opioid epidemic just keeps getting worse and worse. Nothing else is even remotely comparable. Meth has been on the rise, but it's still nowhere near opioid-level crisis. And benzos are actually extremely hard to find on the street, apart from, perhaps, methadone clinics where people often combine methadone and benzos. But even there, they're not always readily available. This guy sounds like the type who thinks he knows everything without actually having experienced any of it himself.
I am sure he has not experienced it...unless you walk in our shoes, no one can relate. So here I go trying seroquel again to stop the ‘thoughts’....will this ever get better. Therapy is helping slightly but meds are needed.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$410.00
Goal
$255.00