psychedelic therapy?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by corang, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corang

corang Well-Known Member

So I want to have a serious discussion about using hallucinogenic drugs along with therapy but dont really have anyone in my life to talk to. I dont mean getting wasted on acid and having a great time maybe finding stuff out. I wanna go into a light trip meditate think deep about myself my life etc. Its being tested currently and they used it in the 60s I think it was.

I really only thought this was a way to get high and say its for helping myself until a month or 2 ago. Long story short I saw god which is weird cause im not religious and realised I dont deserve all the blame and hate I give myself. If I can see something that serious about myself and decide to change just getting high what can I do meditating and such.

Has anyone here ever tried this and had any success or it didnt work?
  2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it, and I don't know anything about it lol. But I'm really interested in learning more about it also!
  3. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

Acid, DMT and shrooms are supposed to be good for this... But the trips can be unpredictable, especially if you're a newbie. I’ve heard about this but never tried it. There are probably a bunch of books on the subject. You might want to read “DMT; The Spirit Molecule”
  4. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Thanks LC I wouldve thanked you sooner but lost internet till now. I was also looking at salvia its a strong trip like DMT but doesnt last as long.
  5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Not something i have experimented with but i suggest you check out the book PIHKAL by alexander Shulgin. They touch on this topic. Very interesting.
  6. lonercarrot

Salvia and DMT both last about 5-15 minutes depending on the dose. But DMT is like a billion times more powerful. I tried salvia 20x once, it was ok but I was a little let down
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I haven't done psychedelics but I've had comments about ...the amount of non-existent LSD I've taken or if I took it as a child etc.

All I can say is, from however many years I've been managing mania and dissociation- that I would suspect, each time will be different and you might not be able to control what happens. You might experience a lot of useless noise. You might waste a lot of your time and energy. You might gain insights that when the effects wear off, so do those 'insights.'

You can meditate and think without drugs, I mean, I can remember a time when I can say I felt like I was high but the stuff I was doing was very intense and I was concentrating loads, but... it's tiring, especially if your mind is jumping everywhere or you're having hallucinations that scare and trouble you. I'd rather just not be high and concentrate properly.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  8. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Ive tried regular meditation but its never worked for me. The most Ive ever gotten from it was a bit of relaxation. Im going to ask my therapist what he thinks about it and if he knows anything next time I see him.
  9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yeah good luck with it, speaking to your therapist sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure what I do is even meditation, I think its something called 'mindfulness..#'
  10. lonercarrot

I forgot to mention this earlier, but if you can get access to an isolation tank, even weak drugs like weed and salvia will be effective. For people who want to take psychedelics to learn about themselves or the world they're very useful. Usually every city has a place where you can go and reserve a tank. It costs like $80 an hour or something. People say you can still get a trip out of it if you go in sober but when I tried that I just fell asleep. They're very relaxing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.