Psychiatrist

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by KnightFalls, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightFalls

KnightFalls Well-Known Member

Not even the psychiatrist cares that I Sam suicudal. So what's the point of reaching out!

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya. I'm sorry you're feeling so low. :hug: What has happened that makes you say even the psychiatrist doesn't care that you are suicidal?

3. KnightFalls

I was in a psych ward for 4 days. My therapist told me to be more honest with the Tdoc. So I told him I wasn't feeling better and that I was suicidal yet and had a list of potential termination methods. He told me I was manipulative toward the nurses, but wouldn't give examples. And said that my coping skill were redressing. So, me, being pissed, said fine, give me my release papers, when they gave me the scripts I ripped them up in front of the head nurse.

He didn't care. Not one bit.

I got home and called the hospital and filled a formal complaint,

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hate it when the pdoc use that phrase being manipulative that is such a judgmental statement and they have no right to say it. You were honest and pdoc should have listened and offered you support not judgement i am sorry this happened

5. KnightFalls

How can a person not like the preciousness of life so much that they dint a want to be part pot for. Anymore?

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Some pdocs make me wonder why they chose a people-oriented career. I'm sorry you had that experience. Please don't give up on yourself. We're here and will offer you moral support. Take good care of yourself and stay safe!

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am SO sorry this happened to you. It was unacceptable treatment. Some who practice in the field of mental health surely should be persuing a different line of work. I am very sorry you found one of those people.

I think it was important that you reported him. Perhaps others have done the same. and in the future the collective group who has reported him will eventually make an impact so others will be saved from being harmed by this man.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hmm sounds like you need a new psych...this one sounds very uncaring and unprofessional..you deserve good treatment and not to be misjudged like that.

9. KnightFalls

My psychologist is very good. This proc was the one at the psych ward. I told my therapist that I would die before I ever went to that hospital again.

10. KnightFalls

I now have means, timing, method. Availability.....and this stupid fuck let me out of the hospital!

11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Might want to talk to your psychologist or GP about getting those scripts you tore up redone.....

12. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

THAT was the example.
    Resistance to care, when wards are filled already, can become difficult for doctors and hospitals. Perhaps go back and get the prescriptions and see if the medications are helpful in the redirection of your thoughts. Then, set up an appointment with your primary pdoc.

13. KnightFalls

They can kiss my ass. I'm done with this shit. One minute fine the next horrible. I'm so past this shit!

14. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are only harming you hun by not taking the meds that may help you Don't give these people any power ok you take care of YOU hun see if the meds will help you

15. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You really need to get in touch with your psychologist or somebody you trust or can work with to get on a path to help instead of further self destructive behaviors. One of the most common symptoms of depression is a skewed perception. When we are depressed we tend to think nobody cares and make assumptions of what other people are thinking about us - generally being incorrect in all of them.
    You are saying your psychiatrist doesn't car e- sounds to me like you were explaining how you felt and he made the observation based on that that your coping skills were regressing. If you are feeling more suicidal and keep coming up with more methods as you primary focus of thoughts I would say that was a correct assumption. He said you were being manipulative towards the nurses- you proved it by trying to manipulate him, which you did - you got your way and got discharged without getting any further help. His giving you an accurate clinical assessment has nothing to do with whether he cares or not. If you demand your release papers unless he has a mountain of evidence to drag you into court he does not have a choice. When he released you he tried to give you the clinical support that he believed would help you -- you tore it up. Why? because you said you were feeling more suicidal and not getting better and he agreed? Do you in any way feel better now having chose that course of action?

A psychiatrist is not a therapist or counselor. Their job is to make a clinical diagnosis and prescribe meds or a treatment program. That is what he did. The person that apparently does not care at all about you right now is you. You have avenues to seek help but unless you admit that it is your illness that is making you feel this way and seek treatment for the illness and the symptoms of that illness (symptoms like not caring about your own well being and another is impulsive self destructive behaviors ie like tearing up scripts - that is not weighing pros- and cons and choosing not to take them). The fact that when we are deeply depressed and mentally ill we are still required to make choices that effect out own health and well being is a special challenge we face - but it is the illness, not somebody else fault or your fault.

16. KnightFalls

Assumptions skewed? Asshat wouldn't even provide an example, so if that is the scale, who was playing the screwed game?

As far as coming up with more methods, it is needed depending on whether my husband is around or no. Have you never made contingency plans?

Manipulated the nurses? I tried to stay in because I was not feeling safe outside the ward yet. My anger got me to agree with their discharge. So who manipulated whom? They were demanding my release papers on me whether I wanted them or not!

I tore Up the scripts and will to it every single time from a doctor I do not trust.

17. flowers

flowers Senior Member

can your psychologist find another hospital for you? I have heard some people's good expereinces being helped at hospitals. Yes, I have heard some negative expereinces as well. But I know 4 people who were helped very much by going to the hospital. They got the medications they REALLY needed to be on. And were given more intensive counselling. You deserve good help.

Guys like that psychiatrist do not deserve to steal things from people. What is your psychologist saying? Please work with him or her. Show them that you are NOT who that pdoc to rudely accused you of being. He was wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.