Psychosis?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Denikin, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denikin

Denikin Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the end of October, I played a little bit with medics. Not to die, just to knock me out. And it did. My mother found me sleeping in the bathtub and says I was hearing voices. She brought me to the hospital. I was given Zyprexa, an antipsychotic, and I have been evaluated in a center for pshycosis (I haven't heard of any result of it though), though « for now, just have depression » (dixit my psychiatrist).

I just... don't exactly know where I stand right now.

I do not have a specific question to ask. I don't quite know what I want, actually... Anyway. You can ask me questions if whatever I said was not clear, maybe...

2. Denikin

I'm sorry to try spamming my way through to any kind of answer, but I think I would really like some kind of answer, at least to start a dialog, maybe to try clarifying things, or even just to say you read, because I am not quite fine right now with all that.

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Depression is bad enough on it's own. Playing around with meds isn't going to do you any favours. If you want to chat about anything feel free to message me. I've found talking to people here has helped me with my depression more than anything else. Hope things work out for you.S.:smile:

4. music_junkie

music_junkie Well-Known Member

Hi Denikin. Occasionally, depression can occur comorbidly (at the same time) as psychosis. Depression can even occasionally lead to forms of psychosis.

HOWEVER... I would be careful with Zyprexa. It is a powerful drug, as all antipsychotics are, and if you are having doubts about your diagnosis or your drug therapy, i would strongly encourage you to bring it up with your Doc.

5. Denikin

My diagnosis is supposedly only depression, for now. Maybe he didn't say everything, I don't know. I don't know either what the people who evaluated at the clinic me think, I will probably call them tomorrow.

He said he gave me Zyprexa to make sure I don't hurt myself. I don't exactly know what it means... Is it a magic pill to stop self harm (even though I don't see it as a "problem"), suicidal thoughts (actually, I don't want to die, that I am sure of) and other funny ideas, or is there something else...?

I think this whole thing is causing me more problems than the initial situation. I spend most of my time trying to find what is true and what is not.

6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

It just makes you tired, or that's what it did for me. Really tired. And physically, it's a heavy duty thing to be giving someone (it effected me badly, physically).

I want to ask though, were you hearing voices before you played around with pills?

Medication again, effects people differently. I don't know why they gave you an AP and didn't explain why they were doing that.

7. Denikin

I was already quite tired before, I haven't seen any difference.

I have never been under the impression that I was hearing voices or anything of the sort before. Maybe there's more, my mother has made a few comments that could mean it might have happened before, but nothing clear. Right now, I spend most of my energy trying to find things that are not real, but I haven't identified anything as clearly false or anything.

8. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Dear trying to find out whats real-true or not most of the time is part of a psichosis. Do NOT let go of your medication and bring it up to your psichiatra or whoever is following you (therapist-councellor-psicologist or psichiatra)

I go into this too often with or without hearing voices and hallucinations that eventually i have a hard time knowing what real or not. Medication helps reduce the effects of the psicosis but if you still find yourself spending too mcuh time figuring out whats real or not better review your medication with the proper doctor.

stay safe
    granny

9. Denikin

The things is, there are only a handful of things I've identified as possibly false. It is just... too big for me. And, actually, I don't quite know what I would prefer, between the two options. As if I would like to be diagnosed with schizophrenia or something else, as if it would allow me to just be myself.

10. Oak

Either you are diagoned with a specific name for your illness doesnt mean you cant still be yourself. The only thing that matter is to have a life and keep the psichosis under control. Psichosis can be a real pain somewhere but some can also be dangerous and require to be hospitalized.

11. Denikin

That would probably be a more reasonable approach. And I probably underestimate the importance of all that. But still... I don't know how to put it in words... I feel like there are so much expectations toward me that unless I have a really big problem, I can't just do what I really want, whatever it might be, instead of trying to do what others want me to do.

12. Oak

Hun the only advice i have for you is to be true to yourself and not to live your life to please others as no matter how hard and to what lenght you will go you'll never succeed. It is up to them to accept you as you are so be truthful to yourself and with the less expectations put on yourself and you will ease your load. Make small daily aims or goals and try to stick to them, even if you dont succeed, sooner or later you will succeed and you'll be proud of yourself.

granny xx

13. Denikin

I know I should not care about what others think. In fact, I don't conciously. I really don't. But still, it is as if must reach a certain success in life, unless I have a good reason. And this would give me one. So I would have the right to just... live. Don't know if it's clear, but anyway...

Thank you. Really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.