1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psychotherapy??

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Pebble, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what psychotherapy is? My CPN reckons I need to do this, I have said no but she's told me I have to think about it and reconsider - but she didn't even tell me what it was about!!!!I have done dbt for a year and a half but it never helped, they teach you to talk about things when you dont want to and then when the year is up they just leave you. I dont want to have to talk to someone else and learn to trust them for them to just leave when you need the help

2. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Hey! :hug: I looked on Wiki and it says DBT is a form of psychotherapy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychotherapy

I think they meant one of the forms of PT which are listed there then which are a lot... So it could be anything, really.

3. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking hun xx

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

5. alexloramer

alexloramer Member

Psychotherapy is about trying to get to the root of your subconscious and what core feeling is a foundation leading to depression etc. usually it has to do with parents but not always. It's something like that.

6. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Hia thanks for your reply, I have looked further at it and seen something similar to that, not sure I want someone digging deep to see how much more of a freak I am, its better if some stuff is still unknown
    Thanks for help though

7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I did a bit of psychotherapy with a woman who was kind of weird...she was always trying to provoke me and at one point I said I was sleeping with the door closed to my room and she went on on how she couldn't stand sleeping in a closed door room etc...then went on about how she didn't like it when her son called her grand son by a nickname, example his name was nicolas and they called him nic...

it was a really weird experience and it felt like I was the therapist instead of her...I didn't see her long because the place closed, it was a goverment place but the funding wasn't enough...

I guess you should research the background of the psychotherapist so you don't get any bad experiences...