psycologist is pissing me off.....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ripx, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

so i finally decided to go seek "help" for my troubles couple of weeks ago. i explained everything to the very sweet lady, and she pretty much said everything i expected her to say.

she agreed with me on most things, but followed it up with a "well thats why theres treatment available" or "oh well thats very treatable"

i don't know why but i kinda felt like fuck it, my problems are permanent (physical disability which has lead to mental issues) and i don't want help. i don't want to be couched into just accepting my life with medication and therapy, i will always still be the same and end up just being depressed again. i may feel ok as i have in the past for a week, a month, but the fact is ill always end up back to being depressed and hopeless. I'm worried that when they realize that the "help" isn't helping, they might just think I'm doing it because i enjoy being depressed and using it as an excuse to procrastinate, because the reality is that i do alot of the times. I'm sure i can force my way through life like a zombie dead inside, but i simply don't want to, id rather sit idly by doing nothing.

do i sound like a bad person because of this?

2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

You don't sound like a bad person to me

3. devoidofhope

devoidofhope Member

I've been down that route in years past. Shrinks, meds, hospitalization - nothing worked. My problems only compounded. Everyone's quick to point fingers, saying that YOU'RE the problem, without giving a second's thought to external causes. There's no convincing the bullheaded majority, so why even bother?

4. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

You don't sound like a bad person at all. It is very difficult to believe that something can be done when both mental and physical are affected. Give it a try though then decide for yourself if its worth continuing or not.

It won't change a danm ting on your condition but might help you cope better with it or help you find ways to better your life style if nothing else.

But there is nothing bad in how you feel that is for certain.

5. tiger lilly

tiger lilly Member

same here, i've see all sorts from since i was a young kid, never helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.