PTSD. Can't say I'm surprised.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by riz, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riz

riz Senior Member

So, a few sessions ago, my counselor told me that she suspected that I had PTSD. I guess I was showing few signs when I was talking to her, and I can't say that I was taken off guard.

It's been a few years since my dad finally left the house. He was the main cause of my depression and the center of the abuse that was plaguing my home. Now that he's finally gone, I've been able to relax--But, I've had to be careful. If people raise their voices at me, I have the capacity to just go straight into a raging panic attack right then and there. I'm still affected so much by his behavior, even after he's been gone for awhile. It's pathetic.

Also, my dad was physically abusive to my entire family. I've noticed that if a guy friend gets a little rough jokingly, it can throw me right into a dark spiral and it will cause me some severe reactions. Once I even needed to cut to get over some of the anxiety.

PTSD is going to be apart of me, and I was just hoping that someone that has more experience with it could help me better understand how to cope with my reactions and how to prevent them from happening in the first place.

:blue:

2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

www.smugs.org.uk

Hi Riz

Above is a link to a site i help with, it is designed for people suffering from PTSD and was set up by a Guy called Andy that is a sufferer himself
    I hope this proves helpful for you hun

Hug

3. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

Hope you'll have happy and nice life! Since there was war in My country 16 years ago, number of persons with PTSD has grown. I knew few people who could overcome it with a lot help of their friends!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.