PTSD getting in the way..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Kiba, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Yes, So I have PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and I'm having trouble with it. First off Id like to explain what PTSD is..

PTSD is an anxiety disorder that generally occurs when a "trauma" or event(s) in ones life, can be often re-experienced by having flashback and nightmares of the event(s). The event was generally life threatening or caused great fear in the individual. People who have PTSD also can have problems staying asleep and can be more irritable. To be diagnosed, symptoms have to occur for more then a month and affect daily living.

And now to how its affecting me:

So, Ive been having trouble with the PTSD making me very mad at people to the point I even become somewhat homicidal and suicidal. I'm not sure how to deal with these angry feelings.. And then next I'm having trouble with all the triggers I have.. Which include (but are not limited to) Children, TV/ Movies, Church topics, School, Treatment, Medications (from a psychiatrist), and being alone(from neglect). I find it so difficult with these triggers because I feel insecure outside my apartment, but I'm triggered being alone.. And Its like I become stuck in this cycle of trigger after trigger.

When I get into "PTSD Mode" I take on the mind set of who I was when the event occurred.. which can be embarrassing since a lot of it is from my childhood.. That and it can be dangerous since some of my PTSD is from past suicide attempts.. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm asking for help really.. More to help people understand sorta what its like and see if anyone experiences these issues. :)

2. Akita

Akita Well-Known Member

Thank you for informing me. I've been wondering what PTSD was for a while now.
    I know one person who is a bit like that.

3. SuperJerk

SuperJerk Account Closed

I have PTSD from being raped. Sometimes when I'm alone I think about it, and it makes me really mad. I can't trust girls at all, so I go off on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.