PTSD is too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozinuk

I find that I can no longer function as a person any more, my flashbacks are happening more and more frequently, becoming more and more vivid. :sad: I was trying to read a book a friend sent me and I must have dozed off because the next thing the police were knocking at the door because the neighbour had heard me screaming and shouting :nerves: they thought someone was getting hurt (to late for that) I explained to the police what was happening and they confirmed it through some phone calls.

Apart from my over whelming guilt about those I have hurt the PTSD is a war waged on another front the slightest thing will trigger it something I read, something I smell, something I see on TV or a noise :sad: it's grinding me down, burying me under an avalanche of emotions. It happens anywhere any time it's become to much I can't have my children deal with this it isn't the right thing to do. I've given up asking or waiting for help I thought I could live with it BUT I can't and I won't :blub: :blub:

IV2010

I'm sorry you have PTSD..
I am suffering a minor case of PTSD since I lost my son to suicide ...
I can only imagine the horrific things you have endured to make you suffer those feelings....
is there anything more that can be done to help with your ptsd?...
take care and stay with us....
:hug:

C

carekitty

Have you gotten any type of counselling for the ptsd? I don't know what caused it, but there should be groups, or therapists, for all types of ptsd.

I've been there myself, and I know it's hard. I'll be pulling that you find a way through.

LSD

^ agree with you.. there are lots of groups
hard .. yesh it will be hard
impossible .. no
im sure you will get throw all it
and don't consider yourself as a weak person that will make you more vulnerable
bad things happened.. dont know what but im really sorry.. i hate when bad things happen to good people D: i know there is no karma anywhere
but its not like impossible to get throw things
after all you are still alive right? :D you are so strong!!!

@sorry iv you lost your kid *hug* must be really hard..

summerschild

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. My own ptsd is mild so I really can't say I understand. But one thing I do know and that is that you are stronger than you know. Lean on us and let us help you get through this. We all care deeply for you. I wish I could be there and hold your hand in person. All I can do for now is virtual. We are here for you any time you need us. ((gentle hug))

I have just returned from my trauma therapist, I go 2 days every week for ptsd and I understand how tired and exhausted u are. I am sick of me, but refuse to let me get in the way of any kind of life for my daughter an I. I keep trying each day to find at least one thing that makes me smile,laugh or cry that way I know I am still normal admidst all the abnormal(TO NON PTSD PEOPLE)thoughts,visions,memories,nightmares,manifestations of events in daily functioning skills ect.................just keep going for any reason so u dont leave someone else to feel the say way mainly if u care n hate all of it then dont pass it on to anybody else. consider yourself a soldier doing battle against the effects of whatever life events have lead u to the ptsd and the effects its had on your life................I have to do it tooooo n I am sick of it, but the alternative is whomever is left behind being stuck with some form of ptsd.........even if u think no one would care it would effect somebody ............just hang on,hang on,hang on and hang on again..........if for no other reason other then at least other suffewring people know they r not alone..........k......................k

IV2010

I have just returned from my trauma therapist, I go 2 days every week for ptsd and I understand how tired and exhausted u are. I am sick of me, but refuse to let me get in the way of any kind of life for my daughter an I. I keep trying each day to find at least one thing that makes me smile,laugh or cry that way I know I am still normal admidst all the abnormal(TO NON PTSD PEOPLE)thoughts,visions,memories,nightmares,manifestations of events in daily functioning skills ect.................just keep going for any reason so u dont leave someone else to feel the say way mainly if u care n hate all of it then dont pass it on to anybody else. consider yourself a soldier doing battle against the effects of whatever life events have lead u to the ptsd and the effects its had on your life................I have to do it tooooo n I am sick of it, but the alternative is whomever is left behind being stuck with some form of ptsd.........even if u think no one would care it would effect somebody ............just hang on,hang on,hang on and hang on again..........if for no other reason other then at least other suffewring people know they r not alone..........k......................k
I agree with ronnie....
don't hurt yourself ...

IV2010

you can't deal with this alone steve....
let your daughters help you through it...
if you are involved in their lives you will have a reason to live....
they would rather have a father with trauma than no father I;m betting..
you may find joy again with your family...
don't leave your pain for them to cope with...HUGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00