Ptsd

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mr A and the sky pilots, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr A and the sky pilots

Mr A and the sky pilots Well-Known Member

Hiya, iv just found this forum. Im feeling pretty broken right now. I was in hospital for the past week, and on the day i left, some one else in the military who thinks they know my sitituation had a good rant at me. Im past the point of careing about him or anyone else in the military. They dont understand , they just think everyone should conform and work normaly. Well i dont. My doctors are sending me to rehab soon, just to learn how to be my self again. Some days i think im just holding my life together through some sort of mental storm.
    My doctors are good , but theres only one way to get over this. And thats to pack away all my military photos and memrobilia i have picked up whilst being in iraq or where ever. I m removing my veterans badge, my contract with the army will end soon. Iv long since stopped wearing a uniform and calling people sir. Im civilian now, and it beats through my heart like the army is just a bad memory.
    Shout at me all you want army NCOs, im laughing , because for the past 4 months , iv been attending Univeristy :biggrin: now whos had the last laugh?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Mr a :hug: if you need to talk I am in the chatroom :)

3. Asylum Project

Asylum Project Well-Known Member

Haha Awesome, you're free! I am also in the military and know how you feel! If you need to talk just message me...

4. bloodlily

bloodlily Active Member

*hugs*

I sooooooo totally understand.

I served in the military and was abused until I ended up with PTSD and social phobia. Even after nearly 10 years of being away from it, I'm still horribly mentally damaged.

Stay strong.

5. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Hi Mr A I was there, been there and still there can't get away from my military life............... I have 2 daughters in the Australian Army 1 in Afghanistan and the other in East Timor and so my nightmare continues :sad::mad:. Here in the uk I have no support. Good luck

6. csu1336

csu1336 Member

I know exactly were your comin from, I'm still enlisted in the Marine Corps

7. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Hi bud, I spent 6 years in the Army, I was operational in the 1st Gulf war, Bosnia (horrendous) and N. Ireland. I am lucky as what I saw hasn't affected me, didn't stop me getting medically discharged with bipolar though. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.