Public torture for sex offenders! *Trigger*

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by shades, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Someone recently complained that there are not enough serious discussions in SF. So I'd likke to help out.

Since jail time does not work in the U.S. for pedohiles, rapists and murderers (they are often let off too easy), do you think that perhaps public torture of said individuals would make a difference?

They are often let back on the street and end up as repeat offenders and some are eventually executed via electrocution, gas chamber or lethal injection, all of which cause near instant death and is not really enough.

Some countries have tried this throughout history and some have it now, but it's not severe enough.

What I propose (just to see if it works, mind you) is that we take a few and make a "Reality Show" out of it. We take a few of them, hang them upside down by the ankles and cut off their testicles. Then a doctor nearby stops the bleeding and keeps them awake so that we can continue by skinning them alive and pouring acid all over their body. Boy would there be some screaming then!!!

I'm not a sadist, but the punishment in this country for these crimes is not enough. They go to jail, work out with weights, watch tv, get some drugs and get 3 meals a day.

So what will it be folks? I say torture the s**t out of a few of em every week on t.v, the internet and iphones so you can't miss it, for a few years and see how it affects the crime rate for pedophiles, rapists and murderers. I bet it would go down!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
  2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Re: Public torture for sex offenders!

Or we could work towards improving society, preventing these types of people from cropping up in the first place. :dry:

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

John: I think that's what we've been trying to do...it doesn't work.

4. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

i disagree... purely cos i have worked with quite a few sex offenders who have learning disabilities.. we are talking v low iq here and then you have to take in mind accountability for actions and do they have any awareness.. the ones i worked with did not have any awareness at all that it was wrong...

for those who are not incapacitated like that then yes sentences should be far stricter
    chemical castration does not work...and i do not believe in torture in a civilised society at all...

and yes i am a survivor of abuse too...

i do not agree with the death penalty in any circumstances tho.. it is antiquated and the usa needs to catch up with the rest of the world in many many ways

no woman should have to go thorugh what happens in court.. it is demeaning an so many get off with no charges. the usa also needs to revamp its stupid sex offenders register cos some on ther are there for dumb reasons imo

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Soli: I usually agree with everything you have to say and I care about you very much. But let me put it this way: do you think that if we did it to the ones who KNEW what they were doing, and that it was wrong, and that they would be tortured brutally instead of just goinig to jail, that it would have any effect? Would they still do it?

6. soliloquise

i dont.. because the answer for barbarism is not more barbarism... far better the roots are attacked and far better penalties are put in place.. plus its more complex than that..

society's view of women as sex objects is part of the problem
    the male dominated legal system is part of the prob;lem
    bad parenting and direspect of all human life is part of the problem...

yes to better penalties.. no to any torture ...
    and death row, the ultimate penalty (which i totally disgaree with btw ) does NOT stop murder so why would it work?

attacking it at the root and changing it in society is only way i think...
    society still demeans and opresses women and sometimes women are as much at fault here

women need also to be totaly intolerant of ANY male violence and abuse... and often w arent.. with the right support for women in that position it would improve somewhat...

some posters on here have some horrific views of women and this is a small slice of society... it scares me. you don't see women on here talking about raping men or abusing kids do you... it is predominantly a male problem ( tho i know some women also abus ) . that is what needs to be addressed. i have been pretty disgusted by some attitudes to women on here...

it is a very complex issue and although what you are saying, as a non abusive man makes sense in many ways on a gut level ... i do not think it will work.

7. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Good idea! :laugh: Would love to help, myself. :smile: I always become happy when people agree with me on this. Death by torture. There is no other option.

Another good suggestion would be that their last meal would be their cock, balls and sack, cooked into a meal in front of their eyes. If it'd be a female that had done the deed you'd use their genital parts, instead, of course, and their breasts. If they'd refuse to eat it they'd be tortured until they did. And when they'd be done they would be tortured to death, anyway. :laugh: Fuck that's so funny.

8. JohnADreams

We have? :blink: All I ever hear is about how wages are stagnating, whole communities stripped of jobs due to outsourcing, inflation hitting those ill equipped to deal with it, the erosion of the family and sense community etc.

I've never been able to believe that any politician cares about the great unwashed masses. At best, they just want to feed them enough lies and alcohol in order to continue staying in power.

9. shades

shades Staff Alumni

John: I agree with what you just said, but do you think that it is a social issue? I mean...even if everyone had whatever material items they wanted, wouldn't there still be these genetic freaks that get off on torturing, young innocent children?

10. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Nice touch about the last meal! I don't know if I could torture them myself, so if it comes to fruition I'm glad there will be someone who is willing to do it.

11. soliloquise

i am totally with john on this.. is a big social issue and v complex
    i stil say that attitudes to women need to change.

12. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

As much as sex offences are heinous and unforgivable, especially against children, I would not support public torture even though it is is probably a fitting punishment. Prison sentances no longer fit the crime and even when they do, prisoners arguably have an easier time than they deserve. Another problem is the spectre of incompetant police work which may in a small number of cases find someone innocent, guilty. I would recommend a life sentance of hard labour on a chain gang working on community projects, building/construction etc. If they truly are guilty then they should not get any parole. I believe criminals whilst in custody should waive their human rights, as they paid no attention to the human rights of others.

13. JohnADreams

I don't think the problem is based around how many miscellaneous items people have but more of how free and secure (financially & emotionally) they are. If you remove every normal, healthy and constructive path available to an individual, then they will either choose a destructive path or they will try to destroy themselves in one form or another.

I also don't believe that any kind of evil act can be traced back to genes. While genes may (or may not) give some small increase in the probability of performing an evil act, they are not the major contributor. It's always been human psychology that motivates the more abnormal crimes that occur.

14. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Thanks for responding...I could go for the chain gang idea, but have it shown to people young enough to have an effect on them in the hope that the visual of brutal punishment awaits, not a gym, t.v. room and burgers with fries like they get now. Also, now that I think of it...they get free medical treatment...and some members of society who obey the laws don't get any.

15. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Yes Soli..but I still think we'll have the problem of a Neanderthal-type genetic defect which causes the negative thought process regarding women. I think it's more nature than nurture, but there are definitely both going on here.

16. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

This point I want to comment on.

Prison is not this. Don't think, don't believe that. That, in itself is a hollywood version of what prison is.

Let me put this into perspective for you. In womens prison, there are male guards. Male Superiors, male governers.

Let that sink in.

They are the order for these places. They are the law for these places. So they dictate punishment, they dictate control, they dictate where and whom you are with. You have absolutly no freedom. They control your behavoir reports which are vital to your parol. They Dictate your life while you are in prison.

You are in prison with drug addicts. Many going through withdraw. Many using. You are in prison with Racist groups, with bangers, with murders, with human beings capable of doing anything. You are in prison with people who are going to be in prison for the rest of their lives, so in effect you are in prison with people who have nothing to lose. You are in prison with these people day in and day out. You are Told where to go, when you can go, if you can go. You are told what you can and cannot have. You are given the basic clothing, in cold rooms. Remember this everytime you feel that people in prison get it easy, because this is no way as graphic as it gets.

Yeah. It's peachy. By no means is this fine justice, by no means is it enough for some. Many re-offend. But don't think prison is a place for people to rehabiliate. It's an attempt to quash people and number them and instil fear into them, among other things. Public justice is emotional, and far from thought out in my opinon.

17. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

I don't get it.Whats sex offenders?

18. shades

shades Staff Alumni

You live in Canada, but I'm in the U.S.; I've seen tapes on a documentary where the guy killed 8 women nurses (I think his name was Speck, and he died in prison...had a life sentence). The tape shows him doing lines of coke with another guy and they're getting ready to have sex. He was given female hormones so that he could have larger breasts and become more attractive for those he wanted to be with. I know it's not complete freedom, but it was surely much more freedom than he deserved. There are some brutal jails here, but when some s**t goes down between guards and prisoners, many times it's the guards who get punished. I know that Canada's society is quite less violent than the U.S. and I believe your prison system is probably handled better as well.

19. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I'm taking you seriously.

A sex offender is someone who commits a sexual offence against another person or persons.

It's a violation of someone else in a sexual nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_offender

To shades

I live in the UK now, and believe you me, it's just as fucked up here as it is in Canada. These law officers who commit crimes against immates get caught, .. but it's not as cut and dry as that. And there is always someone to replace their behaivor.

I think we'd like to think that when the shit hits the fan, it's the guards who usually get caught. but.. I would disagree with that unless convinced otherwise.

20. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm assuming you are not joking! The ones I'm referring to are men between about 20 and 60 who attack/rape/molest/and kill young girls and women. In most of the cases I see here in the U.S. the girls are between the ages of say 10-35. These are called sex-offenders and many of them go to jail for a couple of years, then get out on probation, where they are supposed to be monitered. Then, when they are off probation they re-offend (do it again) and get a little more punishment. Then many get out again and murder the next victim and they get a life sentence. This happens ALL THE TIME! I hear about it a couple times a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.