Pull for Robbie!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PoetMan, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoetMan

PoetMan Well-Known Member

As some of you may know, I've been counseling Robbie and Syiah privately. Robbie and I had a very long talk yesterday, and he finally agreed to go get some professional help. He went to the hospital today. Please post your support so that he can see how much we care about him.

Pull for Robbie, pull for yourself!

2. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Excellent news, it takes a lot of guts to go talk to people. All the best Robbie!

3. Take care, Robbie.

4. Quezi

Quezi Member

Re: Warning for Robbie!

I agreed to a 'talk' at hospital on March 7th, and was released yesterday!

Never again.

I have to pop back on Monday for a 'talking therapy' session - an unofficial condition of my release.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2007
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Best wishes Robbie. I hope you find someone that understands and can help you through. It takes a great deal of courage to do this. :hug:

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Good Luck Robbie:hug: :hug:

7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

This doesn't seem right, with all due respect. On what basis do you presume to "counsel" people? We're at SF to support each other, not set ourselves up as authorities over anyone else.

Hope it works out for him. And I hope it is what he actually wanted.

I hope trite cliche's didn't form too much of your "counseling." :rolleyes:

8. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

i kinda agree with your first comment gmork.. that's how i felt when i first read it. just my opinion.

Goodluck Robbie =) I'm proud of you.

9. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

ALLRIGHT Robbie. You have a lot of courage to deal with things. No one has to know and you WILL be better for the experience. I have been there. It was not all that great, all the time. Think of it as a small vacation to not worry about anything but YOU.
    Take care!

:paper: :book:
    Relating to the "counseling them" comment.....you must be careful of the words you choose. In written form, there are many interpretations to the reader. Support, encourage, advocate for, assist, talk with, share experience
    are a few related terms. Plus, written word is not like spoken with voice inflections, expressions, pauses, gestures, etc.

It would be ideal, for SF to have free online counseling. Resources are limited I think.

10. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Help comes in many forms, it shouldnt be shunned in any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.