Punishing myself by starving

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Programvare, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Programvare

Programvare Active Member

I'm starving myself to some sort of SI. I don't know, but I never feel hungry anymore. I find starving a very effective way of hurting myself, instead of oftently cutting or something. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Just eating minimal every day. Sorry, this post is a mess, and so am I.

2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

i can understand how u feel as i am controlling what i eat as a time of self injury too, when u feel so down u think it is a good way to hurt urselves and ppl wont worry etc. Ur post is not a mess it makes sense to me. Im sorry that u are feeling this way, is there anyway that u can get any help ?? :hug: keep posting and my inbox is open if u ever need anyone

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Not eating well then your brain will not function well. you will not make good decisions for yourself at all. try talking it works best talking to your doctor your therapist talking release the pain that way venting here as well not eating serves no good at all to anyone most of all yourself

4. Programvare

Programvare Active Member

I know this, and my shrink also tells me so. I get help, but still I'm a bit crazy. But if I stop starving I'll probably go back to cutting, which I hate, and I'm also so through with that. Seems like the only pain release and at the same time brings me pain in such portions I can handle.
    Thank you for giving some answers at least.

5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I've never thought of it this way before.

I know it sounds tough, but you have to find a way to overcome this without cutting.

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

been there, done it before. i wish i had something more constructive to add than that and what's been said by others, but to be honest, i don't.

TDM

7. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

I did this the other week i ended up in hospital for dehydration x

8. stone

stone Member

well I find after a while when I do this I feel sick when eating rich food so just have a bowl of oats or rice just to have a bit of somthing :) tc always have fluids because you can survive 70 days without food but only 3 without water

9. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

70 days without food?

It just seems to be getting longer and longer...

10. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

At the end of the day I finally realised that my anorexia was controlling me rather than the other way around..

But still I use it to punish myself & feel as if I have control on one thing in my life..even if it will destroy me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.