Purging blood?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by AnotherFallenStar, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnotherFallenStar

AnotherFallenStar Well-Known Member

So I just purged a rather large amount of blood.... It wasn't just vomit laced with blood I actually purged a nice glob of blood. Naturally I am worried.

2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

oh, my... well... I would assume that's a good bit of your stomach's lining.

I think that the best thing for you to do is get some water into you and go to the emergency room. Once blood starts to come up- it's become a dangerous health issue and you could get all sorts of interior infections or continue to lose blood, which would not be good.

So please, go to a hospital or if you are too scared to; talk to a nurse on the phone and she could instruct you on what to do.

3. AnotherFallenStar

Oh I was afraid you'd say something like that.... Well I do have an appointment tomorrow thank goodness. I just wanted to be sure I'd make it to that appointment o.o Thank you though. I defiantly will mention this...

4. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

Hey there
    Been there on that one. I didn't die, you'll be glad to hear. I didn't go to the GP either, I just hoped and prayed I wouldn't keel over. You'll be fine I reckon, probably just stomach lining as Kittygirl said - how often do you purge? And the one thing I would say is drink some milky liquids - you'll calm the reflux and ulcerous feeling you'll get after things like that.
    Hope that's helpful
    Lex

5. assek

assek Well-Known Member

i am so glad that you have made an appointment, well done sweetie. purging blood is serious, and its always better to be safe than sorry.

let us know how you got on :)

6. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as flippant, I read t back and am I little ashamed at my response, if I'm honest.

I am actually quite interested as to what comes out of this... I hope it's ok, and you are doing the responsible and intelligent thing by going to a doctor!

Lex

7. AnotherFallenStar

What? There was nothing wrong with your response. Not that I've read. By the way I purge about 1 or 2 times a day. I don't know it varies. I mostly try to stick with restricting.

Well I did tell my psychiatrist and she made me go to the ER. Since I was purging it's considered psychotic so I was put in behavioral for the millionth time. First time not for suicidal ideation though! I've been there all day yesterday and most of today. I didn't stay to be put in the psych hospital because I can't go just yet. But they did help with my throat. I had a tear in my esophagus they gave me meds for it. I will live. I can't purge at all though because I might turn the tear into a rupture :/ Lovely week this will be...

Oh yes and thank you for all your responses! Much appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
  8. RainbowDust.

RainbowDust. Well-Known Member

Hello
    I hope you're feeling a little bit better.
    I was currently took to the ER for my ED part of it being me purging blood.

Not much was done other than me being lectured, so I really hope you get the best support you can get.

Take care, lovely.
    x

9. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

That sounds so serious purging up blood you need to get some medical help because thats going to result in death

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.