purpose of life

yuyu

I am an introvert, I don't think I can socialize to everyone and I have survived all this time because of my purpose in life, but recently I lost it
I just lost my life's purpose. I felt very empty for weeks.
I need a new purpose in life, can anyone tell me what to do?
for my very useless life?

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @yuyu welcome to SF. I'm sorry you feel so empty. I don't think anyone's life has just one purpose. As we grow and change we can find new things to motivate us. Do you want to say more about what you feel you've lost?

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'd say your purpose right now is to work out what's missing in your life that makes you unhappy, and work on removing outer and inner ( mental and emotional) obstacles to it.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter

frostheaved

4th year college student
I don't think we have any one purpose. I think, in doing what you like to do, exploring hobbies and interests, and pursuing miscellaneous goals will give you a feeling of purpose.

Davec27

SF Supporter
Now talking of being without purpose is heading towards justifying hopelessness, which is what we all must steer away from.

As has been said you should analyse yourself to see what you can find, but sometimes you just have to wait and occupy yourself The best experiences are not when you find what you were looking for, but when something quite different finds you, takes you by surprise, shifts your taste to new territory. ‘Put it where the true stories go,’

Last edited:
Now talking of being without purpose is heading towards justifying hopelessness, which is what we all must steer away from.

As has been said you should analyse yourself to see what you can find, but sometimes you just have to wait and occupy yourself The best experiences are not when you find what you were looking for, but when something quite different finds you, takes you by surprise, shifts your taste to new territory. ‘Put it where the true stories go,’
This, I think is really something special! I generally don't comment on things much but this touched me in a way I didnt know I could be touched.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I am an introvert, I don't think I can socialize to everyone and I have survived all this time because of my purpose in life, but recently I lost it
I just lost my life's purpose. I felt very empty for weeks.
I need a new purpose in life, can anyone tell me what to do?
for my very useless life?
Hi. It's so good that you have found SF. Here there are so many people who are on your side ready to help in any way they can.

You say you lost your purpose. I of course don't know what that purpose is, but I know that I have purpose but I feel lost. Could that be the case with you? That would mean you still do have purpose.

Just an extra thought here, that purpose of one's own is not tied to a person but people. Not to a feeling but feelings. Not to an action but a course of actions so when you feel purpose has been lost, there is still so much more hiding under the surface. Reaching it may take some time but is always a real possibility. I believe I am headed toward discoveries. It's so possible that it is for you too. You are here so you must be searching. Welcome to SF. Hoping to see you around.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I don't think it's possible to have one purpose. maybe one way to look at life in general. with me it's to always try to be a little better at everything. also to try to make a difference and help others and of course to take care of and love family. I have had many goals in life some I reached some I didn't. life is a long journey that begins at birth and ends when you shake hands with the reaper. what matters is what happens in-between. I think everyones purpose in life should be make that journey with as much joy as we can find and be productive as well as we can, as well as have empathy for others and a good moral code (within reason)...mike....*console*hug*shake

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00