Purpose to life reasons to live

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by marcpro, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcpro

marcpro Member

Hi marcpro here, sometimes I feel really shit too it's just strange. So I'm here trying to meditate, or helping people!
    Life seems so pointless without duties or passion, I just need to find something to keep going, as I said it's meditating or helping or writing.
    I'm not in danger, but it's just a pretty strange feeling. Also my cousin suicided so I know that it is triggering for this!
    If anyone has advices for situtations like these!
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hi Marcpro - welcome to SF. I think that the fastest route to feeling like crap is to start pondering the purpose to life or trying to think of reasons to live. I don't think that sort of existential musing ever leads anywhere good. My advice is to find enough things to do that you don't have time to think. Is not medically endorsed or even necessarily "good" advice - but it is what works for me. I keep going by keeping going.

I hope you find a way to keep going :hug:
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi marcpro, i know we have already met but welcome to SF again.

You say you do meditating, member here gave me this open link here it is brilliant and has helped me a lot. I am also very sorry for your loss. Keep opening up here and getting it all out. Were you close to your cousin?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  4. marcpro

marcpro Member

Hi thank you both it's really kind, both advices are really good! You're right @Freya life is meaningless just keep doing things and stop thinking! Thx Petal for your link, and no I wasn't this close too her, but the impact was strong because I wanted to met her before...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.