Put myself in quite a predicament this time.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rx4brdm, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

The house I live in is in my name and my mother's. I received a bill for garbage, etc. one time and I am serious, it was in the mail one damn time. Found a way to pay it and never received another. The way life was going I didn't have time to remember one damn bill.

Since then I have gone through 2.5 years at a crappy job with people I've known for most of my life. Shit flew one day and I was laid off in June. I decided it was time to change my future. Go back to school to learn a trade and actually be able to live in California with no assistance. Finally be me, finally conquer all this BS I have endured.

So back to the problem. I got mail today from a legal firm, I'm thinking okay, what's this BS trying to sell me on this time. It is an actual lien on my property! Something like a $3.5k bill not paid. I can't afford that. I'm fucked, it's screwing it up for my mom too. I just threw her credit in the garbage disposal. It started that damn hole I thought I finally got out of. Threw me back in and dug deeper this time.

Doesn't really look too convincing. Shouldn't belong on a suicide forum but it just put me right back in that frame of mind. House has been cleaned, clothes have been packed. A classmate told me if I ever need to drop off my dog for a couple days that I was welcome to do so. At least I know he'll be with someone that loves dogs and not some inhumane shelter. I know exactly where to go. They won't find me for at least a few days. May actually be able to make it look like an accident. So at least people won't see me as failure, Mom won't be insulted.

I can't continue

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Can you not get some legal help hun and fight this bill it is ridiculous

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

You might talk to someone in some sort of a legal aide. In order to get a judgement for a lien on the home, there would have had to be an opportunity for you to appear. You would have received notice to the address that you are at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.