Put on weight??

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Little_me, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Today at work, when I put on my working clothes, I looked at myself in the mirror. And I saw that I now have a butt and thighs. My upper body is as skinny as usual with ribcage, spine and no breasts, but obviously I look a little more like a woman now. I've got hips and that must mean that I've put on weight. How did this happen?! I DON'T wanna look like a woman, I wanna be too skinny. It has become a part of my identity I think and now it's slipping away... And I'm quite scared. What if I become bulimic again because of it... Never ending circle? :(

2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: i know how hard it is when you put on weight, to realise it's not a bad thing
    trying not to look like a woman, isn't a good thing when it's what your body wants for you
    can i ask how old you are?
    and do you have a therapist you can talk to about this?
    hope you're okay hun :heart: stay strong xx

3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

My therapist has summer vacation... And I don't know what to do

4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:( that's never good... i don't have much advice hun, other than to maybe keep busy - it can keep your mind off of stuff like that which stops you worrying which could, if you do worry, start up your bulimia again :hug: sorry i can't be of much help :heart:
    here for you if you need me xx

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey you are doing the right thing coming here talking to us. Try going for a walk visiting a friend watch movie anything to keep your mind busy and quit looking in the mirror get rid of them. I hoope your therapist comes home soon if not phone crisis line just to talk to someone they will help you through rough patches and give you some ideas on how to keep yourself well. take care okay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.