Putting on weight?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Pad, May 19, 2009.

1. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I need a diet that helps me put weight on. Im skinny and very underweight no matter how much i eat so i figure im just not eating the right stuff. I work out too and have an active job so maybe high calerie? If anyone could suggest anything that would be great. My self esteem suffers a lot because of my weight

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Right, well the reason your not putting weight on is due to your energy output being higher than your energy intake or calorie intake.

So you can either carry on with what your doing in terms of activity levels but that means you have to eat alot to make up for the calories burnt or you can reduce your activity frequency and levels and still also eat alot. It's up to you.

You say you work out. Do you go to the gym? If so then do you do weight training or cardio?

3. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Load up on lots of protein shakes that contain whey. Sites like maximuscle.com carry loads odf supplements and stuff. A mate of mine called matt used to weigh about 125lbs or there abouts, he has been training for just under a year and he is 170-ish now.

4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Same deal with my bro. He used to be around 120 and now he's a good 140 or 150 in just under a year. Keep active and put on the right kind of weight (i.e. protien from whey or lean meat as opposed to that from red meat). Too many people often just sit back and shove all sorts of things into their system, looking only at calories as opposed to the content.

5. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

It really depends on how hard it is for you to put on weight. Loading up on protein isnt going to do much if you are really having trouble putting on weight. The energy you put into digesting protein alone makes it better for losing weight as opposed to just putting on. The amount of carbs you take in and your insulin level throughout the day is going to dictate protein synthesis. IE more carbs you take in the less protein you actually need. Remember insulin is a powerful storage hormone.

6. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

Im not sure im putting on weight, but im definately getting more muscle. Im working out every day and gradually increasing. Also trying to get 3k cals and have a whey protein shake. Time will probably tell